Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Motorcyclists...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
All this talk of bikes has made me wheel mine out the garage and start it for the first time in months! Its on a SORN but I think I will get it MOT'd next weekend so I can go out for a ride.

It's only an old Yamaha XJ600N (V reg!) but it's fast enough for me.

DanielT

Wearing an Albion away top today + were with another lad? Old man as your instructor?

No, that wasn't me. I got there at 1pm. There was only a female instructor when I got there, and a few people from ART.

All this talk of bikes has made me wheel mine out the garage and start it for the first time in months! Its on a SORN but I think I will get it MOT'd next weekend so I can go out for a ride.

It's only an old Yamaha XJ600N (V reg!) but it's fast enough for me.

A Diversion? Nice bikes, they are on my list of potentials

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
No, that wasn't me. I got there at 1pm. There was only a female instructor when I got there, and a few people from ART.

A Diversion? Nice bikes, they are on my list of potentials

Yes. Shame you don't live nearer you could have bought mine! Only 17,000 miles on the clock.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I did! It's just a waste sitting in my garage most the time. Doubt I will get another bike to be honest, I'm getting too old!

You are never too old, my Dad was motorcycling (a 600 Norton Dominator 99SS) until he died at 67, in fact he was still restoring bikes for customers up to the day he died.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I passed my bike test in 1980, and would love to get another motorbike, sadly, i think there are far too many motorists with no respect for other road users.

DanielT

Hoping for good news

Met the away top learner today. Wearing the away top again but not a sth and "doesn't really go to many games"

Another good day training. Pouring with rain but good old waterproof gear! Filtered through gridlock between hangleton and west hove turn offs.

Much better on my figure of eights.
Instructor said I was getting to stressed and it was making arms go rigid. She then said imagine it's a naked girl and you're following her. That did the trick!

Should be dry tomorrow which will be nicer to ride in

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Just looking to trade in my Monster 1100,... looked at the BMW F800R,...which was nice and having a test ride on Wednesday,.... but I was presented with an orange BMW K1300s,.... droooool... that is turning my head, it might be a goer at 175bhp.

Dec 29, 2011
Met the away top learner today. Wearing the away top again but not a sth and "doesn't really go to many games"

Another good day training. Pouring with rain but good old waterproof gear! Filtered through gridlock between hangleton and west hove turn offs.

Much better on my figure of eights.
Instructor said I was getting to stressed and it was making arms go rigid. She then said imagine it's a naked girl and you're following her. That did the trick!

Should be dry tomorrow which will be nicer to ride in

Good stuff. I had the test today and passed, so happy days. I thought you had it today too but guessing it must be tomorrow?

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
So I've just been offered the chance to have a 'permanent loan' of a Honda NTV650 for no money whatsoever. The owner has a Ducati and the Honda but barely gets time to ride the Ducati let alone the Honda and has asked if I would be interested in taking care of it for him as he knows I'm looking at taking my tests etc and will be looking for a bike of around abouts this size.
Does anyone have any info on this bike?

DanielT

So I've just been offered the chance to have a 'permanent loan' of a Honda NTV650 for no money whatsoever. The owner has a Ducati and the Honda but barely gets time to ride the Ducati let alone the Honda and has asked if I would be interested in taking care of it for him as he knows I'm looking at taking my tests etc and will be looking for a bike of around abouts this size.
Does anyone have any info on this bike?

According to the book of knowledge (Wikipedia) its a deauville without the fairing.
Related to the revere. Discontinued in 1997.

An mcn review:

Honda NTV600/650 (1988-1997) - Honda Motorcycle Reviews

Tell him you'll take the ducati off his hands

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here