Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Motorcyclists...

DanielT

Well done mate.

Thanks. Instructor said not to wait for him, he'd catch up. 1st time he had to get me to pull over, second time he caught up and third time I decided to be nice and wait as he was out of radio range!

It was a nice ride, I was relaxed and tried to forget he was there (well, 3 times he really wasn't!)

I'm torn between FZS600 Fazer and a Bandit. Age wise i'm looking at bikes from 1999 and 2003

Dec 29, 2011
Thanks. Instructor said not to wait for him, he'd catch up. 1st time he had to get me to pull over, second time he caught up and third time I decided to be nice and wait as he was out of radio range!

It was a nice ride, I was relaxed and tried to forget he was there (well, 3 times he really wasn't!)

I'm torn between FZS600 Fazer and a Bandit. Age wise i'm looking at bikes from 1999 and 2003

Missed your passed post. Belated congratulations. I'm still looking for a bike. Was going to get a "mid range" bike but might just get a Suzuki and restrict it seeing as they're soooo beautiful.

Also what do people think about bike hunting? I get put off if it's too cheap. For example (here) that deal seems too good to be true, or am I just overvaluing bikes?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Agree good choice, not stupidly fast for a first time bike but enough power to get you out of any trouble.
PS expect the unexpected out there and you wont go far wrong.

DanielT

Missed your passed post. Belated congratulations. I'm still looking for a bike. Was going to get a "mid range" bike but might just get a Suzuki and restrict it seeing as they're soooo beautiful.

Also what do people think about bike hunting? I get put off if it's too cheap. For example (here) that deal seems too good to be true, or am I just overvaluing bikes?

That's well overpriced. Having only 2709 from new when it's 12 years old is bad for the engine surely?!

I bought a 2001 FZS600 Fazer, 21k, for £1050. That was from gumtree, which is a much better place to look (pricewise) than ebay!

Dec 29, 2011
Hmmmm 2709 for a 12 year old bike does seem dodgey. Someones been running the clock back? Thanks for the tips and price guideline, i'll keep looking.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
What about this. £1,300 for an '07 600cc Honda seems a little cheap?

Dodge if you ask me but I'm new to all this. The write up is sketchy as is the lack of information on the mileage. Nice looking bike. I ended up going to P + H in Crawley and I'm now getting a CBF600, 2007 with 9000 miles for £3000, £100/month.

Dec 29, 2011
Still looking for guidelines about bike prices. I was offered an ER5, 06 plate, well maintained but 26,000 miles for £1,500. I reckon I could haggle down to £1,400 but how does this rate in terms of value for a bike?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Still looking for guidelines about bike prices. I was offered an ER5, 06 plate, well maintained but 26,000 miles for £1,500. I reckon I could haggle down to £1,400 but how does this rate in terms of value for a bike?

Not sure about exact value for an ER5 but if it's well looked after seems reasonable for an 06 plate.

Have you decided on an ER5 then mate?

Northstand CAT

Apr 3, 2012
BN3
I wouldnt worry about the 26,000 miles, that should be ok for an ER5 engine. I think you could probably pick up an ER-6 for a little more money though, might be worth thinking about?
Are you still thinking of restricting a bike? I finish my 2 years 33bhp restriction tomorrow, and have had a restricted bandit 600N for the last 2 years. So if you have any questions about how it handles the restriction etc. feel free to ask me.

DanielT

Could be an ex-learner school bike. The ER6 is a lovely bike. I'd hold out for one of those over a ER5. But also ask if it has service history.

Guideline prices: you could look on ebay for similar bikes and see what they end up as. Gumtree also, or find a Kawasaki forum as they'd have a for sale section and you can see from that

cbr600rr is 105 hp/78 kW not sure if that able to be restricted, but also, not sure it's a sensible entry level bike!

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
Have you decided on an ER5 then mate?

Not really, still hunting around. I don't really like the ER5 tbh, but it seems so practical for what I need. However i'm 20, not 40, and this bike doesn't exactly get me excited like a bike should for a twenty year old (looks wise).

I wouldnt worry about the 26,000 miles, that should be ok for an ER5 engine. I think you could probably pick up an ER-6 for a little more money though, might be worth thinking about?
Are you still thinking of restricting a bike?
I finish my 2 years 33bhp restriction tomorrow, and have had a restricted bandit 600N for the last 2 years. So if you have any questions about how it handles the restriction etc. feel free to ask me.

I have to restict as i'm under 21, however i've heard it's like £250 and buying a bike with a restrictor already in would be a better idea. What kind of speed/acceleration does your restricted bandit have? If I restrict a bigger bike i've read it might be a bit sluggish because of the power-to-weight ratio (another reason the ER5 seems like a good option).
Could be an ex-learner school bike. The ER6 is a lovely bike. I'd hold out for one of those over a ER5. But also ask if it has service history.

Guideline prices: you could look on ebay for similar bikes and see what they end up as. Gumtree also, or find a Kawasaki forum as they'd have a for sale section and you can see from that

cbr600rr is 105 hp/78 kW not sure if that able to be restricted, but also, not sure it's a sensible entry level bike!
It is an ex-learnerschool bike, I know for a fact. That does mean it'd be well looked after though. I've ebays ER5s and the general price seems about £1,200. Also all bikes can be restricted, but it's not a great idea to restrict >600cc bikes as 33bhp won't get any speed out of a heavy bike.

Thanks for the help guys, the hunt continues :mad:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
As we know have our own thread.
Can anyone recommend a good body repairer?
I got a 50p size dent in a Hornet tank , where the fecking ladder fell on it in the garage.
Unfortunately its put a small crease and broken the paint so can't use the pop it out type dent magician people, it will need filling and spraying.

Anyone have a good experience with one and can recommend them?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
As we know have our own thread.
Can anyone recommend a good body repairer?
I got a 50p size dent in a Hornet tank , where the fecking ladder fell on it in the garage.
Unfortunately its put a small crease and broken the paint so can't use the pop it out type dent magician people, it will need filling and spraying.

Anyone have a good experience with one and can recommend them?

When I had a similar dent in my VFR tank I ended up buying a new tank as it was cheaper.

Remarkable I know but true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here