Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Motorcyclists...

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
How much did you pay for the year when you had to claim for the diesel spill? even if though you did not have any NCB protection, you would only have lost 10%.

the only way you ever going to fully enjoy a sports bike is to take it on the track, your never ever going to explore its real potential on the roads, sure you can open it up and do 140-150 in a straight line, but that's not what the're designed to do best, it through the bends where the exploration is which can only be done on the track without kerbs, drains and lampposts.

I'd had a CBR600 for the first 1/3 of the insurance year so difficult to know 100% but I think it would have been 1200ish pro rata. Crash, fault claim and loss of 3yr ncd = big hike from existing insurers.

I love the idea of a track day but the risks are too high to take your own road bike around IMO. I'll probably do the Ron Haslam race school at some point though; they give you cbr600's and blades to use.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
From experience with a guy I used to work with track days seem to be a good way of wrapping your bike and yourself around some hard scenery (he rang his parents up from a track day to request a Hire van to come up to Yorkshire to pick up a severely bent Ducati and a rider with a broken collar bone)
Crashing is not compulsary, ride at your own pace. Pay a bit extra to have some tuition on the day and I guarantee you will love it and come away a better rider.

Dec 29, 2011
Can anyone recommend some good value summer gloves? Preferably cheap (<£35) and as a lightweight/compact as possible. Thought I'd ask here before buying a random pair online.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What I know about this subject you could write on a postage stamp. But, last week while in France I came across this and felt pretty sure it was a bit special. Whilst taking the photo the owner came across ... very proud he was, had it 2 years and thought he was the first person in France to get one. Anyway thought I'd shove it on here in case it really is pretty unique

IMG_0223.JPG

Last edited:

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
What I know about this subject you could write on a postage stamp. But, last week while in France I came across this and felt pretty sure it was a bit special. Whilst taking the photo the owner came across ... very proud he was, had it 2 years and thought he was the first person in France to get one. Anyway thought I'd shove it on here in case it really is pretty unique

View attachment 54441

Blimey if I worked for Ducati I'd be suing ... surely they have copyright laws in France ???

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
They're pretty nice bikes. Went on a road trip a couple of years ago with me on a cbr6 and my mate on a carbon red Diavel. He was constantly being asked about it by people at petrol stations and in the street.

Crap above 100mph on a long trip obviously, but pulls like a train even then.

I'd consider one but I have sworn I'll never have another Ducati after my last one cost me a fortune to keep running every year.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I've longed to swap my 14 for a Diavel, cracking looking bikes but for the cost of 10-12k for a good used used one I wouldn't get the use out of it to justify it.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Liking the Honda NC700 at the moment

Honda%2BNC%2B700X%2B12%2B%2B2.jpg

Good bike and made in Japan too which underlines how seriously Honda are relying upon it.

I spent an hour with one when I bought my old cbr600 and thought it would be a brilliant commuter. Really odd low-revving engine though so constant quick shifts needed which would be quite tiresome after a while. It was a bike that I thought might actually be improved by the auto gearbox they've now fitted as an option on it.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Good bike and made in Japan too which underlines how seriously Honda are relying upon it.

I spent an hour with one when I bought my old cbr600 and thought it would be a brilliant commuter. Really odd low-revving engine though so constant quick shifts needed which would be quite tiresome after a while. It was a bike that I thought might actually be improved by the auto gearbox they've now fitted as an option on it.

Your not the first person i've heard that from watch this space for future models i guess! Nice looking bike though.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Don't get me wrong, it's a great bike and I'd still consider one as a workhorse. Your riding style just has to adapt to it, which tbf mine was a bit towards the end.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon

I have an NC700X - black, just like the picture. Had it about a year. Love it. The onboard storage is superb. I've got the manual version. The DCT auto is supposed to be great, but it does add a fair whack onto the price. Not a fast bike by any means - the engine is a low-revving torquey long-stroke twin. Quick enough for me though. Lovely to ride and I usually get about 75mpg out of it. I'm not sure you need to gear shift anymore than a higher revving engine - you just tend to do it in a different rev range. It pulls meatily from about 1.5k revs.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Yeah, I'm certain that I'd have adapted once I'd lived with it for a while. It was the multiple shifts/rev limiter blips on fast exits from traffic lights that I found most different to what I consider normal.

I now own a blade that literally does 100mph in first gear and you can leave in 5th the rest of the time so that's not currently a problem lol.

Quite tempted by the naked BMW S1000R now though. Fairings let you go too fast and my wrists are fecked after half an hour in town traffic.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Over taken motorcyclist in first video should have done time for the revenge he dished out in the second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here