Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC in the Argus

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
:facepalm:
Paul Samrah has spoken, he is the voice of all Brighton supporters, so it MUST be true.

I've not seen him on Sky for a few weeks, so this will probably give him the excuse to get
on telly and speak for me and all supporters

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
To be honest The Anus has a nerve considering how often they get 'info' from here, Bozza should charge them !

Quite possibly the laziest bunch of journalists ever. Can I suggest to all on here that if they have the bare bones of a story they have printed, avoid paying tributes or comments on their web-site as they request. Having done so for a friend who was killed in a Road Traffic Accident, I was personally hounded for approx 10 days by phone and mobile

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think some of the bitchiness being shown on here for him being asked his opinion, which just happens to differ from their opinion, is uncalled for. But perhaps he's served his purpose for the now having highlighted the wrongdoing of the previous board and having worked tirelessly to secure our clubs long term future.

Ian Hart - another top bloke for much the same reason - got the same abuse from the same type of people. It may sound silly but maybe they're a bit jealous? I'd rather see Ian Hart/Paul Samarah than bloody Mendoza again :)lolol:)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Doesn't surprise me. I've heard a couple of stories about Argus reporters hounding people in order to get quotes.

Look at today's story about the kid killed on the railway tracks at Falmer. "Did you know him? Leave your tributes below." It's a very deceitful way of following up a story and hooking friends and relatives to hand over their contact details.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Love the fact that make a half page story out this. Slow news day or what.

And as for Paul Samrah acting as a voicepiece for fans, what a joke. Far too close to the club now to be that.

They'd have been better contacting Bozza.

Lazy news day me thinks....Newsquests policy is to employ recently qualified journalists, which ultimately means cheap. Their Head Office is somewhere like Sutton and they control many local papers around the country. They know next to nothing about our local community and if I had my way way I would return it's status as an evening paper (with John Vinicombe as Seagulls editor). Trying to compete with the daily's each morning is chocking the paper to death, other than the sports pages.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
For years and years we have been saying stuff like "wouldnt piss on Archer if he was on fire" or "If I see Bellotti in the street I will have a go" and I dont recall the Argus picking up on that. We even sang about burning them and it was not seen fit to comment on.

I can just see the headlines in tomorrow argus

EXCLUSIVE:- EX CRYSTAL PALACE MANAGER HAS AN STI

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Lazy news day me thinks....Newsquests policy is to employ recently qualified journalists, which ultimately means cheap. Their Head Office is somewhere like Sutton and they control many local papers around the country. They know next to nothing about our local community and if I had my way way I would return it's status as an evening paper (with John Vinicombe as Seagulls editor). Trying to compete with the daily's each morning is chocking the paper to death, other than the sports pages.

To be fair, the editorial and advertising sections of the paper are still at Hollingbury while much of the production and the printing has been taken out of town and centralised along with that of other papers.

The Argus has long been a training ground for journalists (including myself) but in years gone by there was a plethora of senior reporters setting an example for others to follow. The likes of Phil Mills (made redundant), Adam Trimingham (retired) and Rowan Dore (RIP) and their equals are very much missed. Sadly, budgets dictate that staff numbers have been radically reduced.

The sports desk is run very much independently to the newsdesk (although in the same building). Much as they are tarred with the same brush, I do believe Andy Naylor, Brian Owen, Bruce Talbot and the rest are good professionals and certainly vastly experienced in their field (no pun intended).

Lastly, the lack of encouragement for local journalists like myself to remain and flourish on the Argus has meant standards have dropped along with staff numbers while the need for content (newspaper, website, vids) has increased.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
To be fair, the editorial and advertising sections of the paper are still at Hollingbury while much of the production and the printing has been taken out of town and centralised along with that of other papers.

subbing and layout is now done from southampton too

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Love the fact that make a half page story out this. Slow news day or what.

And as for Paul Samrah acting as a voicepiece for fans, what a joke. Far too close to the club now to be that.

They'd have been better contacting Bozza.

They sent me an email yesterday afternoon, indicating they needed to speak to me in a bit of a hurry. I read the email about 7 or 8 hours later.

Reading this thread now, and the criticism leveled at Paul has made me think though - what would I have said - "It's all a bit of a laugh and anyone who takes it seriously needs to take a long hard look at themselves"? As others have said, having such a quote directly posted alongside an 'extreme' image is not the sort of thing I probably want people finding should they Google my name.

And anyone having a pop at Paul really does need to take a long hard look at themselves. He's a truly great man and an Albion legend.

Look at today's story about the kid killed on the railway tracks at Falmer. "Did you know him? Leave your tributes below." It's a very deceitful way of following up a story and hooking friends and relatives to hand over their contact details.
In that particular instance it was a DISGRACE.

The Argus were trying to get friends and relatives to publish the poor guy's name before the press had clearance to do so.

I find that "deeply offensive".

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I just hope the editor reads this. I mean, he has to take notice, everything written on NSC is hugely credible according to him and his editorial policy after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here