NSC in the Argus

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Piece today about how Murray leaving has sparked "Internet Fury" :tantrum:

References the photoshop thread, which Paul Samrah has apparently commented on saying we should "get a life" and that the pictures are "Deeply Offensive". There was me thinking that it was just a very clever/funny thread.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
If its anything like Paul Samarah commenting on the pitch invasions then....................... expect to see him holding aloft a burning effigy of Murray any time soon!!! Hypocritical twat

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be honest The Anus has a nerve considering how often they get 'info' from here, Bozza should charge them !

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
"Get a life" could easily be applied to any input on any social networking site or message board including the Argus' own site and their reader's feedback section under every story. The same section they misuse every time there's a report of a death with their "leave your tributes below" - a lazy way of following up a story while never having to leave the desk.

Then of couse there's the "get a life" contributors who are constantly pulling up these professional journalists, their news editors and subs for regular typos and factual inacuracies through the Argus' own site.

Get a sense of professionalism Argus. Go out and report the news rather than try to spin what is clearly the humorous witterings of a minority group of anonymous football supporters.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think the argus are slightly bitter we're all on here rather then commenting on there like the Southampton fans tend to do what with their only realy forum being pay to post or whatever.

I thought the photoshopping of Glenn Murray was INTENDED to be offensive. If the Henfield One found some of the imagery "deeply" so, then ... well done to the perpetrators. Your efforts have worked.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Paul Samrah has spoken, he is the voice of all Brighton supporters, so it MUST be true.

I've not seen him on Sky for a few weeks, so this will probably give him the excuse to get
on telly and speak for me and all supporters

Paul Samrah has spoken, he is the voice of all Brighton supporters, so it MUST be true.

I've not seen him on Sky for a few weeks, so this will probably give him the excuse to get
on telly and speak for me and all supporters
Don't blame Paul for that. If the Argus phone him (or anyone else) up for a comment, and this is then presented as "the opinion of Albion fans", it's the Argus who are to blame for shoddy journalism.

During the fight for Falmer, they used to phone me up for comments on all sorts of related (and sometimes unrelated) issues. But, at least in those days, their reporters understood NSC.

Incidentally ... how is jonnyboylennon these days?

Sep 1, 2010
Maybe someone should point the Argus in the direction of some of their comic headlines involving (on occassions) tragic stories. The 'Man killed by giant pencil' one is clearly a good example of this. The story was belittled by a 'witty' headline when in fact it was a tragic incident. This may need pointing out to them as there are quite a few examples of this. Is this swipe at NSC online anywhere?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Case of pot calling the kettle black.
Some of their reader's comments underneath stories are cringeworthy, and sometimes bloody offensive.
Put your own house in order first, Arsegas!

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
In fairness those at The Argus probably regard this as mega-news. On the homepage of their website yesterday was a story of a man breaking his leg in a goose attack, and an over-sized dog. (Two seperate stories this, the goose and the big dog weren't co-attackers or anything. That would have been unbelievable). In fact hold on, i've got the link somewhere..

Man attacked by goose in Horsham From The Argus)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Love the fact that make a half page story out this. Slow news day or what.

And as for Paul Samrah acting as a voicepiece for fans, what a joke. Far too close to the club now to be that.

They'd have been better contacting Bozza.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports