Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nottingham

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
On the BBC and other places. However, I realise that it goes against the ‘we must help all these poor refugees’ leftist narrative. (Expect I’ll get the usual left wing insults of racist, nazi etc.).

BTW, I have no issue with immigration - however, the current situation is out of control and too many economic migrants (not genuine refugees) are coming here. The infrastructure of the country can’t cope - housing, schools, NHS etc.

Also, many don’t want to integrate into our culture but want to force us to adopt their culture. You try taking that approach in strict Arab countries. We’re told we have to be mindful of their laws/customs, but over here we have to allow them to do what they want.
We have a massive surplus of school places in the Brighton and Hove schools area.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Also, many don’t want to integrate into our culture but want to force us to adopt their culture. You try taking that approach in strict Arab countries. We’re told we have to be mindful of their laws/customs, but over here we have to allow them to do what they want.
I'm led to believe that "You must not murder people" is part of the culture, laws and customs of most countries, not just the UK.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s still astonishing me that people jump to conclusions about the murderer without facts or reason.
It’s as if they want it to be true to reinforce their prejudices and racism. Yes, racism, let’s be honest.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
On the BBC and other places. However, I realise that it goes against the ‘we must help all these poor refugees’ leftist narrative. (Expect I’ll get the usual left wing insults of racist, nazi etc.).

BTW, I have no issue with immigration - however, the current situation is out of control and too many economic migrants (not genuine refugees) are coming here. The infrastructure of the country can’t cope - housing, schools, NHS etc.

Well you've tried Brexit and electing the Johnson cabal to try and resolve this immigration 'problem' that you seem to think exists. What's next :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The perpetrator is not illegal nor from an Arab country.
Racist.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

The reason the infrastructure of the country can't cope is because it has been shockingly manged and run into the ground for 13 years by an incompetent, criminal, destructive and selfish, absolute farce of a government.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Racist.

Are we going through a list of all the things the perp is not, so we can avoid an uncomfortable truth?

Here, let me join in. The perpetrator is not from Afghanistan.

FWIW I don't agree with the quoted post, but calling him/her a racist just makes you look foolish.

Three people have lost their lives, possibly another to come. I wonder if this thread can remain respectful to that and to each other.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are we going through a list of all the things the perp is not, so we can avoid an uncomfortable truth?

FWIW I don't agree with the quoted post, but calling him/her a racist just makes you look foolish.

Three people have lost their lives, possibly another to come. I wonder if this thread can remain respectful to that and to each other.
The article clearly states he is West African. My answer is respectful to that but not to larus for his lazy stereotyping.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
See below. This sums up a repeated theme on NSC for me. Nice sensible people feeling compelled to rebut the lazy, sometimes racist and generally thoughtless nonsense spouted by a small number of noisy oafs. If I didn't put them on ignore I'd not be able to engage with NSC.

1686732545910.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
is that true ? Has anyone on this forum tried to have been ‘forced’ to adopt someone else’s culture in the U.K.?

The only example I have is my parents forcing me to go to Sunday school as a kid 😂
Of course it's not true.

What is true is that culture constantly evolves and adapts, even for small "c" conservatives who now use online instead of posters / meetings / print to put their views across. Some adopted culture becomes British, normally in a positive manner.

For example, last week we had a couple of American colleagues over for a three day meeting in Hammersmith, so me and my boss stayed up there too. On the Thursday night we took them out. We went to a British pub which was showing the 20/20. One of my colleagues who is from Maine ordered a British craft beer and then a NEIPA to compare the two. He was literally able to compare his local beer to ours.

Then we went for a curry because that's what you do after the pub. American craft beer followed by "Indian" food cooked by a Bangladeshi and served by.a Pakistani. And a totally normal night out for white British men.

The only relevance to this though is that we were able to return home safely. Sadly three people in Nottingham weren't the other night.

Last edited:

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy

I might be thick here, but what is that uncomfortable truth?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I’m neither left wing nor prone to insulting people. I would say that neither you nor anybody else knows why it happened. Generalizations are rarely helpful as it only feeds a pre written narrative.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Racist.

History of mental health problems.

12+ years of dwindling mental health support in this country, along with our health care system and state funded safety nets.

Decimated by the selfish, greedy uncaring thugs that this nation elected to run this country (into the ground).

No wonder events like this occur.

But yeah, immigrants innit

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
See below. This sums up a repeated theme on NSC for me. Nice sensible people feeling compelled to rebut the lazy, sometimes racist and generally thoughtless nonsense spouted by a small number of noisy oafs. If I didn't put them on ignore I'd not be able to engage with NSC.

View attachment 162279

I'm not on The List... :O
Happy Britney Spears GIF

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mods, can you ban Carbonara, please?
I'm of the opinion that if we did we may have to extend that to Lasagna, Bolognaise and maybe even Vongole. And I like Vongole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here