Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nottingham

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
This started around 7:30 when a travel report said all the trams were shut down, but they blamed the weather.
BBC News caught up at 8:30 but nothing since.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
tram derailment, but twitersphere also suggesting stabings and bomb disposal. pictures show a lot of police standing around, so inclined to think there's a lot of exaggeration.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
tram derailment, but twitersphere also suggesting stabings and bomb disposal. pictures show a lot of police standing around, so inclined to think there's a lot of exaggeration.
It seems there was a tram derailment yesterday.

Unfortunately it's the top tweet when searching for Nottingham on twitter so a lot of people are taking it as gospel that it was today and spreading it further.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sky News just shouted down an on-the-ground reporter who seemed to suggest a car drove into a group of people and four were stabbed to death.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
An update is imminent apparently. Noises are that something happened around 5am. My brother in law works in the city centre.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sky News just shouted down an on-the-ground reporter who seemed to suggest a car drove into a group of people and four were stabbed to death.
I also saw this, it was ridiculous. The presenter asks “So what is the latest situation?” and the reporter answers what he’s heard on the ground, and she jumps in and says “you can’t tell us what you’ve heard”. Bizarre stuff.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Summary from Sky...

Police called at 4am.

Two found dead in street.

Police called to another area where a van had run down two people.

Another man found dead in another street.

31-y-o man arrested on suspicion of murder.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I also saw this, it was ridiculous. The presenter asks “So what is the latest situation?” and the reporter answers what he’s heard on the ground, and she jumps in and says “you can’t tell us what you’ve heard”. Bizarre stuff.

As Bozza says, there's been an arrrest on suspicion of murder, so the media has to be careful about how it's reported.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here