Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nottingham

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
BTW, I have no issue with immigration - however, the current situation is out of control and too many economic migrants (not genuine refugees) are coming here. The infrastructure of the country can’t cope - housing, schools, NHS etc.

Also, many don’t want to integrate into our culture but want to force us to adopt their culture. You try taking that approach in strict Arab countries. We’re told we have to be mindful of their laws/customs, but over here we have to allow them to do what they want.

We don't have enough economic migrants, hence the issues in the service industry and agriculture. Current infrastructure issues are down to poor funding from the government rather than too many economic migrants (who pay their way in the system via taxes, national insurance contributions etc etc).

I recently watched a documentary about immigrants moving over, not learning the language, not integrating into society, only wanting their home foods and creature comforts. Most of them not even registering where they're living and a scary amount wanted by the police in their own country. I was watching it here in Spain and the immigrants were us Brits.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
We don't have enough economic migrants, hence the issues in the service industry and agriculture. Current infrastructure issues are down to poor funding from the government rather than too many economic migrants (who pay their way in the system via taxes, national insurance contributions etc etc).

I recently watched a documentary about immigrants moving over, not learning the language, not integrating into society, only wanting their home foods and creature comforts. Most of them not even registering where they're living and a scary amount wanted by the police in their own country. I was watching it here in Spain and the immigrants were us Brits.
This documentary you watched, was it called ‘The Business” by any chance?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Seeing the photos of those two kids is just heartbreaking. Beautiful young people with their lives ahead of them, back from a night out. Killed for what? Whatever the outcome it's so desperately sad.
I know, it’s so terribly upsetting. I’ve been in tears several times today about this. I’m not sure why it’s hit me so hard, but it has. Maybe it’s because my kids are of a similar age, or maybe I’m just getting soft as I get older.

Such a terrible waste of life when they should have had a great future in front of them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Quite chilling CCTV footage of the man believed to be the suspect trying to break into a property just prior to the killings.
trying to break into a homeless hostel.

a very sad case all round here!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
History of mental health problems.

12+ years of dwindling mental health support in this country, along with our health care system and state funded safety nets.

Decimated by the selfish, greedy uncaring thugs that this nation elected to run this country (into the ground).

No wonder events like this occur.

But yeah, immigrants innit
Similar kind of lazy, stereotyping logic used by Carbonara. I would hazard a guess you know very little about mental health services in this country and I’m pretty certain you know nothing of the interactions between this individual and those services.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Guiris gonna guiri.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know, it’s so terribly upsetting. I’ve been in tears several times today about this. I’m not sure why it’s hit me so hard, but it has. Maybe it’s because my kids are of a similar age, or maybe I’m just getting soft as I get older.

Such a terrible waste of life when they should have had a great future in front of them.
I empathise. My daughter got her degree at Nottingham Uni in 1994. I can’t imagine the pain and grief those families are going through.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I have reported the oaf three times tonight for trolling, and put him on ignore (for my own sanity). I initially thought he was a middle aged gammon (all the Trump love and deliberate omission of text spaces) but I'm guessing now he's a spotty sixth former with anger issues.
t's bloomin mouldy H, we must nurture him

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
My daughter has just finished her degree at Uni of Nottingham. She lives about 50 yards from where the two students were stabbed. A few nights earlier and it could very well have been her. She walked past on her way from the gym as the emergency services were hosing down the path …..

For those of you who think making puns is suitable on this thread can I just reiterate. 3 dead, one critical and two walking wounded.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My daughter has just finished her degree at Uni of Nottingham. She lives about 50 yards from where the two students were stabbed. A few nights earlier and it could very well have been her. She walked past on her way from the gym as the emergency services were hosing down the path …..

For those of you who think making puns is suitable on this thread can I just reiterate. 3 dead, one critical and two walking wounded.
I agree.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The political point scoring was also rather tacky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here