Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nottingham

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
My daughter has just finished her degree at Uni of Nottingham. She lives about 50 yards from where the two students were stabbed. A few nights earlier and it could very well have been her. She walked past on her way from the gym as the emergency services were hosing down the path …..

For those of you who think making puns is suitable on this thread can I just reiterate. 3 dead, one critical and two walking wounded.
The puns and the "likes" of those puns were really poor chaps! My daughter also has a significant connection to Grace Kumar. Please think in future when dealing with such a sensitive subject.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Similar kind of lazy, stereotyping logic used by Carbonara. I would hazard a guess you know very little about mental health services in this country and I’m pretty certain you know nothing of the interactions between this individual and those services.
I don't see how criticizing underfunding of mental health and criticizing immigrant scapegoating is lazy stereotyping.

I'm with @Horses Arse on this occasion.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don't see how criticizing underfunding of mental health and criticizing immigrant scapegoating is lazy stereotyping.

I'm with @Horses Arse on this occasion.
Because the blood was barely washed off the pavement and the police investigation had barely begun before people on NSC were concluding that it’s the fault of immigrants or mental health services. Neither has been demonstrated so far to have had any effect on what happened. Neither of the posters concerned have any professional knowledge of either subject. Just making their pet political points rather than showing any empathy with the victims. If you are fine with that then you are fine with that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Because the blood was barely washed off the pavement and the police investigation had barely begun before people on NSC were concluding that it’s the fault of immigrants or mental health services. Neither has been demonstrated so far to have had any effect on what happened. Neither of the posters concerned have any professional knowledge of either subject. Just making their pet political points rather than showing any empathy with the victims. If you are fine with that then you are fine with that.
Really? I didn't get that. Not from @Horses Arse's post anyway. Just a bit of general emoting. He in fact was making the opposite of the point that it was the fault of immigrants, and he was probably right that the killer had gone under the mental health radar.

And I am not fine with kids in the bloom of youth being murdered, whether by sane rational British citizens or others. I am also not fine with the idea that people on the high road to hell are left to continue their descent unmolested.

And I shall be even more provocative than @Horses Arse and suggest that with the tax burden and the imperative to lower it on the one hand, and available social services resources on the other, events such as this, and the boy tortured and drowned by his sadistic parents under the radar social services, and so on, represent an acceptable level of jeopardy in pleb land, as far as this government is concerned.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
is that true ? Has anyone on this forum tried to have been ‘forced’ to adopt someone else’s culture in the U.K.?
I had English culture forced on me; I had to flee.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Really? I didn't get that. Not from @Horses Arse's post anyway. Just a bit of general emoting. He in fact was making the opposite of the point that it was the fault of immigrants, and he was probably right that the killer had gone under the mental health radar.

And I am not fine with kids in the bloom of youth being murdered, whether by sane rational British citizens or others. I am also not fine with the idea that people on the high road to hell are left to continue their descent unmolested.

And I shall be even more provocative than @Horses Arse and suggest that with the tax burden and the imperative to lower it on the one hand, and available social services resources on the other, events such as this, and the boy tortured and drowned by his sadistic parents under the radar social services, and so on, represent an acceptable level of jeopardy in pleb land, as far as this government is concerned.
Then you, Larus and Arse should start your own political threads elsewhere and leave this informative news thread about the events In Nottingham alone. You can then make stuff up with zero knowledge and the rest of us can ignore you. The truth will out in the end but in the meantime you have no idea of what caused this tragic incident. All three of you have hijacked the thread. I just came here to find out what happened.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here