Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great interview. I love the 'we have a saying in England, people in glass houses' :lolol:
It is a really good interview.

Interesting he brought up the medical department when asked about the injuries. I wonder if there is an issue there in his mind?

Purely speculation on my part and obviously lots of clubs have injury problems at the moment but the club has progressed at such a rate in recent years, has that part of the club kept up the same progress? As I say, speculation on my part and as I’ve said before I just think players are playing too much football at an intense level but I wondered why he brought that up out of nowhere.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I was watching from the Forest end, they were universally complimentary about JPVH
JPVH is well ahead of Webster now, even without Webster's continual injuries. Webbie's forte seems to be galloping forward with the ball until he loses possession or manages to find a teammate. That doesn't really fit de Zerbi's style and he's also physically weaker than Van Hecke, who is going to be absolutely top-class.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
You can only push people so far with poor officiating. Once again that was beyond poor. Dunk may have let himself down, but at this level, we deserve better.
Taylor is a terribly poor referee, brimful of inconsistent decisions. The handing out of yellow cards for kicking the ball away, delaying free kicks, even stamping on players, was either completely random or biassed against Brighton. The awarding of penalties is also extremely inconsistent Both penalties today were on the soft side and the Forest one looked liked VAR evening up the Brighton one that Taylor gave.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Is that what you call a Pyrrhic victory? We gained a win but lost Dunk,Fati and Lamptey, to add to the list .
So off we go to Athens and then Chelsea with god-knows-who.
Perhaps I am just feeling glum this Sunday morning, it was after all a stellar performance with clinical finishing, something we have lacked so long .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Struggling to remember it if honest. But it was a batshit game.
It's ok, I've come to the conclusion that I misunderstood some posts. They were saying something like 'how is there's a penalty and ours wasn't, so I assumed we were denied one, but it was referring to the idiot commentator.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I think to progress as a club, without sounding bombastic, we need to start winning games that
we clearly should be winning. It's our achilles heel. It's also b****y infuriating for us as fans.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
6% thought we'd win, 14% a draw. Even for a home board that feels a bit deluded. Are we still meeting underestimated?
Their home form is/was very good - first home defeat of the season! Our form has also been shaky in the league lately- can't fault them for having confidence! Luckily didn't come to pass and we were back to our best (albeit at a big cost - again!)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Is that what you call a Pyrrhic victory? We gained a win but lost Dunk,Fati and Lamptey, to add to the list .
So off we go to Athens and then Chelsea with god-knows-who.
Perhaps I am just feeling glum this Sunday morning, it was after all a stellar performance with clinical finishing, something we have lacked so long .
Don't be too down ! Lamptey is always injured and the club seem to think dunk will only miss one game.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
6% thought we'd win, 14% a draw. Even for a home board that feels a bit deluded. Are we still meeting underestimated?
I couldnt see us winning. Not with the injuries we have and not after what happened last season at this ground. I travelled up sure that we would lose, would have been happy with a point.

We are ridiculously short on players right now. If we get through this period still in with a chance in Europe and top 6 then we are going to have a hugely successful end the the season.

This period is blooding so many players and cementing a hugely impressive mentality. If we get through it and the injured players come back we are going to be on fire

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I couldnt see us winning. Not with the injuries we have and not after what happened last season at this ground. I travelled up sure that we would lose, would have been happy with a point.

We are ridiculously short on players right now. If we get through this period still in with a chance in Europe and top 6 then we are going to have a hugely successful end the the season.

This period is blooding so many players and cementing a hugely impressive mentality. If we get through it and the injured players come back we are going to be on fire
And to add to that, our style of play was just as good when players came as when we started, so everyone knows how
we play and seem comfortable slotting in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think to progress as a club, without sounding bombastic, we need to start winning games that
we clearly should be winning. It's our achilles heel. It's also b****y infuriating for us as fans.
Being in the top 10 consistently for two seasons running is progress. Getting into Europe is progress, winning games in Europe is progress.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Obviously he was spot on, that's not the point. The point is whether he should be honest about how shit our refs are.
Yes, he should.

A) it's his opinion and he should be free to express it
B) the majority of the football community would probably agree
C) if the PGMOL were *actually* professional, RDZ's comments should have no bearing on how they referee Brighton games or how they treat the players (which WAS the point!).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Watching MoTD, how the F did we not beat Sheffield Utd o_O. Goodness grief they are a poor team.
Because, on their day, any PL club can beat any other PL team. Take a game in isolation (Villa 6, Albion 1, for example) and any team looks gash when, in reality, that's clearly not always the case.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
And to add to that, our style of play was just as good when players came as when we started, so everyone knows how
we play and seem comfortable slotting in.
Yep, still progressing without losing our DNA as RDZ would say - (even when booting balls out the park to get them out of the danger zone when we’re down to 10 men )

I think it’s impressive we played so well yesterday given half the senior team is lying on a physio bench at the moment and half the U23 team is sitting on the senior substitution bench!

We also know we can win games when De Zerbi is banned from the duggout so all is good :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here