Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, he should.

A) it's his opinion and he should be free to express it

That's not really the case. Managers have been in trouble many times for expressing their opinion on refs, because it's seen to be counter-productive.

C) if the PGMOL were *actually* professional, RDZ's comments should have no bearing on how they referee Brighton games or how they treat the players (which WAS the point!).
Indeed. But you don't think they're professional (judging by The Complete and Utter Shyster's comments, they're not), so you think his comments could have a bearing on how they ref our games, which is not good for us.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It is a really good interview.

Interesting he brought up the medical department when asked about the injuries. I wonder if there is an issue there in his mind?

Purely speculation on my part and obviously lots of clubs have injury problems at the moment but the club has progressed at such a rate in recent years, has that part of the club kept up the same progress? As I say, speculation on my part and as I’ve said before I just think players are playing too much football at an intense level but I wondered why he brought that up out of nowhere.
With the number of injuries we have/have had this season I'd be surprised if their isn't some kind of internal dialogue going on between all relevant departments. It's not a good look when Estupinian gets injured 10 minutes after coming back from injury. Same with Lamptey yesterday, especially as that's the second time he's re-injured himself shortly after coming back from injury this season. Same with Milner too I think. As the coach he must be slightly miffed that he's being told players are fit to play and then they break down a matter of minutes or a handful of games into their comeback.

I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with the strength and conditioning or medical departments or with our training methods but with this many injuries and this many re-injuries so soon after players come back they must be investigating into the causes.

Maybe too much football, maybe the European schedule means there needs to be a slight tweak in how we do things, maybe it's just bad luck or some other reason? Whatever it is I'm sure they're studying it intently so they can minimise its impact.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think to progress as a club, without sounding bombastic, we need to start winning games that
we clearly should be winning. It's our achilles heel. It's also b****y infuriating for us as fans.

I don't have the stats, but I did read recently that the fans of every team think that, and it's not actually true. All teams lose/draw games they 'should' win and vice versa. I suspect it's because it's so frustrating that fans tend to focus on it :thumbsup:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think to progress as a club, without sounding bombastic, we need to start winning games that
we clearly should be winning. It's our achilles heel. It's also b****y infuriating for us as fans.
Blimey, talk about entitled! Especially the last line 🤦‍♂️

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Right, but didn't we have a penalty shout that was turned down - or have I imagined that?
How long in to the game do you reckon this happened

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
It’s interesting to read from the opposition point of view. Yeah they were pretty complimentary.
Well, if this is complimentary I hate to think what they’d be like if they turned nasty:

“Dear Brighton - I hope you have a really shitty journey back to Brighton.

And you get futtbucked in the week.
There’ll be plenty of that, never you fear.”

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Well, if this is complimentary I hate to think what they’d be like if they turned nasty:

“Dear Brighton - I hope you have a really shitty journey back to Brighton.

And you get futtbucked in the week.
There’ll be plenty of that, never you fear.”

That was one crap comment in the last 10 pages or so? A fair amount of them were saying we were a blue print for them or that we were a class outfit. Plenty of good stuff to read.

As to the game. Heroic performance from the lads, they just kept on going, giving all they got. Standing strong in the face of huge adversity all round.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That was one crap comment in the last 10 pages or so? A fair amount of them were saying we were a blue print for them or that we were a class outfit. Plenty of good stuff to read.

As to the game. Heroic performance from the lads, they just kept on going, giving all they got. Standing strong in the face of huge adversity all round.
Agree. Had a good browse, they were 95% complimentary, recognise we were the better team, they were crap etc etc. No different to NSC, just need to filter out the occasional bellend……..and we all know the rule :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here