Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Agree, also didn’t think it was a kick as Pedro had his arm around their players ankle.

The push was deliberate, probably one of those yellows if you weren’t carded already but not enough for a second one!
From my view ( legitimate television, honest guv) there was an un ncessary foul, some light afters ( atread not a stamp) which was probably provoked, then the defender kicked JP . . . All under the nose of a supposed professional official who did absolutely F**K ALL!

The ref had long since lost control of anything and the game had descended into a shit fest. . . Officiating and game management gets worse by the week.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
From my view ( legitimate television, honest guv) there was an un ncessary foul, some light after, provoked, then the defender kicked JP . . . All under the nose of a supposed professional official who did absolutely F**K ALL!

The ref had long since lost control of anything and the game had descended into a shit fest. . .
The fella next to me said exactly the same.

Fans and players were all getting heated near the end, a lot in part that Taylor had lost control.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Brighton boss Roberto de Zerbi speaking to BBC Match of the Day:

"It [the result] was a big emotion; we are suffering too much, we have too many injuries, we lost four points against Sheffield United and Fulham at home. To win is difficult; my celebration is because we are suffering too much at the moment."

"We want to celebrate with our fans. If you have the right attitude, you win the game. It is difficult to explain [the injuries]; we are not used to playing so many games. I don't know the reason; we are working well in the week, managing well. Maybe it is not enough."

"My work is to understand and anayse the players I can use and change tactical disposition. We never change our ideas, but I have to put my players in the best condition. We played a great game today until the red card. One of the best of the season."

"Lewis Dunk made a mistake. Maybe he's like his gaffer in terms of emotion and passion!"

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Best result of the season for me… given the circumstances - phenomenal… in spite of being knackered, the players will be living on that one for days to come.

Cracking mad game …. And I’m delighted by the pragmatism shown in the closing stages… well done Roberto.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Considering the circumstances, that was a brilliant win. Any news on the latest injuries?
Obvs Fati and Tariq had something wrong during game.

No idea why Lallana was taken off at half time? Hoping that's precautionary?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Sounded a great atmosphere up there again, they’ve got some of the best support around.
They just put vociferous fans next to the away fans and voila, makes a huge difference. Unlike us who put the last tickets to sell next to the away fans

Funny that the atmosphere has got a lot better since being back in the PL though - was certainly nothing special at all (and nowhere near full) in all the years I went when living not too far away - both watching us play in the away end and a few non BHA games in the home ends. Their support is no better/worse than others imo - just living off the first few seasons back in the PL wave

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
What did Dunk actually do?
Why was Buonanotte booked for kicking the ball away when this has not been done after the first few game? I thought this had stopped now? If I was at the club I would send the premier league a video of all the times players have not been booked for a similar offense and demand an answer.
Also a video of man Utd, man city, Liverpool etc players doing what Dunk was and not even getting booked.
Absolutely this.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They just put vociferous fans next to the away fans and voila, makes a huge difference. Unlike us who put the last tickets to sell next to the away fans

Funny that the atmosphere has got a lot better since being back in the PL though - was certainly nothing special at all (and nowhere near full) in all the years I went when living not too far away - both watching us play in the away end and a few non BHA games in the home ends. Their support is no better/worse than others imo - just living off the first few seasons back in the PL wave
That's two games in a row they've been good against us, I agree that we need a few more nutters in the SW corner, it's a great place to watch the game from.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Probably got to the referees too - can't see us getting the benefit of the doubt too often for a while!
Then you could argue he was spot on, then!

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Obvs Fati and Tariq had something wrong during game.

No idea why Lallana was taken off at half time? Hoping that's precautionary?
It was just as well he was. If for example, he'd been subbed on 60 minutes, we wouldn't have been able to make any other subs once Dunk had been sent off.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Hopefully just that. Cotton woolling him?
Partly forced on us after having had to substitute twice in the 1st half. We are only allowed to make substituions 1 more time in the second half plus any substitutions at half time (up to our allowed number of substitutes). If we had kept him on after half time he would most likely have had to come off sometime in the 2nd half anyway and we wouldnt have been able to make anymore subs at another time.

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
a couple of posts mention Dunk putting his hands on Taylor. I didn't remember this. Luckily in the Netherlands we have Viaplay, so no need for dodgy streams, and thus I can rewind to the incident.

and this is what I saw ... Just after Taylor watches the video he walks towards Dunk. He's making that square shape in the air to indicate that he agrees with what he has seen on the screen. Dunk is pointing to his side whilst (perhaps ungentlemanly) making his point. As Taylor brings down his arms from making the tv shape, his elbow hits Dunks stationary pointing arm. This is the only contact that was shown on the tv. Thus, I think the first yellow was just for what Dunky said.

Attachments

• dunky.jpeg
    dunky.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 47

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How was it poor ? Both penalties came from Stockley. Apart from that Taylor seemed to be very even handed. At 75 minutes the only board with a ref rant was going to be the Forest one. @jcdenton08 has identified Dunk's red card offence. There is too much of this about refs not being in control and not enough on player discipline. Taylor made it clear and even, Keep pushing it and the cards come out.

If you have a ref who is a disciplinarian you have to play to that tune.
Bollocks, ref gave us our penalty.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here