Notice for intended prosecution

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have just had one of these little beauties through the post this morning. Apparently for doing 37 in a 30MPH limit.

I genuinely have no idea if it was myself or the wife driving, although it does state that photographic evidence has been taken.

Can anyone with any experience of one of these enlighten me as to what I should do ?.

Been driving nearly 20 years and never had any points before now, so am a little pissed off ?. Do I need to ask for the photo ?. etc etc

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Accept it and do the speed awareness course

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Did you get the option of a speed awareness course? It'll cost you £65 (I think) but will keep the points off your licence & more importantly keep your insurance premiums down. Whichever of you was driving your insurance company will hike your premiums if the other one is a named driver.My wife doing 33 in a 30 is currently costing me close on £20 a month.( At least until I f*** them off when it's up for renewal in a months time)

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i feel for ya mate. Up on the top of edward street where the speed camera is, I nearly got clocked doing 40 :lolol:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I have just had one of these little beauties through the post this morning. Apparently for doing 37 in a 30MPH limit.

I genuinely have no idea if it was myself or the wife driving, although it does state that photographic evidence has been taken.

Can anyone with any experience of one of these enlighten me as to what I should do ?.

Been driving nearly 20 years and never had any points before now, so am a little pissed off ?. Do I need to ask for the photo ?. etc etc

If you haven't had any points - then I'm surprised they haven't offered for you to go on this course thing they sent a mate of mine on - she had to go and watch a video and stuff for a few hours - not sure if she had to still pay but she didn't get the points.

I suppose you could ring up and ask if they are still running this course!

If not - ask for the photo - they are not interested in whose driving - they just want the cash!!!!

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ok cheers folks. From what I can gather the purpose of the letter was to get the details of the driver. But as I mentioned, I have no clue. Think I will reply and be honest and say it will be either me or the wife and hopefully the photo will show.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Ok cheers folks. From what I can gather the purpose of the letter was to get the details of the driver. But as I mentioned, I have no clue. Think I will reply and be honest and say it will be either me or the wife and hopefully the photo will show.

Just blame it on the wife, like that Chris Huhne chappy

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Speed awareness course will cost you £65 and 3.5 hours of chat and videos, with a couple of coffee breaks thrown in.
Zero points on the license and more importantly approx £150 over the three years that the points are valid, so doo the course

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
Ask for the picture, if you can decide who was driving I owner of the car will be given the points. Do the course If its offered, It will be offered in a different letter from a different department in a day or two. Cost of course is about £80-£85 more than the points but its quite educational and saves getting the points.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
had this before....got away with it.

ask for all info, keep dragging it out, they will scare you with bold and red letters.....i ended up putting their letters in the bin.

they prey on your fear - it costs them more to take you to court.

stand to your principles.

Ask to see the calibration log for the camera in question. I believe it is supposed to be calibrated weekly if not then could be void....but not 100% sure, worth checking although I'm sure someone on here will now know!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm sending you a pm in a minute.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I was doing 34 in a 30 limit and got caught. I paid the fine but refused the course. They gave me three points on my clean license and my insurance premiums fell by £65 the following year!
Probably should have done the course but didn't have the time.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Depends , was it rear or face fronting camera,are you willing to challenge it in the courts, if its a rear camera and cant remember who was driving that day then challenge it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

ask for all info, keep dragging it out, they will scare you with bold and red letters.....i ended up putting their letters in the bin.

Cost who more to take you to court? It's not a parking ticket.

alan917

Aug 5, 2005
Speed awareness course will cost you £65 and 3.5 hours of chat and videos, with a couple of coffee breaks thrown in.
Zero points on the license and more importantly approx £150 over the three years that the points are valid, so doo the course

Cost me £85 and 4 hours of chat, no points on licence.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
another way is say it was you - admit it, but dont sign anything - this way it all falls apart.

THERE IS NO LAW STATING YOU HAVE TO SIGN ANYTHING> once you do - you enter a corporate contract.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I think you've confused this with a private parking invoice. The one thing NOT to do with a NIP for speeding is ignore it. Challenge it by all means but don't ignore it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports