Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not re-newing season ticket next year.........................

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
have been a season ticket holder since we were playing home games at Gillingham. Last year was so boring, can count the games I actually got passionate about on one hand. Really excited about all the London and close by away games we will have possibly, so have decided along with my son and 6 others who also have not renewed to go to away games only. Could be Orient & QPR, along with Brentford, Fulham, Millwall, Charlton, Watford & Reading. Bring it on. Also can't believe no one has been in touch from the club to find out why we haven't renewed, this club has changed for the worse, the people running the club now have no empathy with the fans, which is a very sad state of affairs.

It is a sad state of affairs that the club does take fans for granted. Unfortunately I don't think the club give two hoots whether you sign up or not. Although it appears a lot of other people do judging by negative comments on here, but I think you're well within your rights. I also had season tickest at Gillingham and at Withdean until I could no longer afford it, and I've always been amazed at the amount of people telling me how rubbish everything was back then, but frankly I only recall 2,500 (at best) turning up at Gillingham, so I don't understand how 25,000 people now have an opinion on something they never experienced. Given that alot of them were probably supporting Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Arsenal etc during that time I wouldn't give it a 2nd thought whether other fans are upset by you getting rid of your ticket.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If the OP really has been a season ticket holder since Gillingham I'm sure there will have been plenty of other dull seasons after which he could have cancelled, I don't think this one was a particularly bad season. Each to their own and all that, no-one HAS to come to the Amex I just find the reasoning odd.

Now that we have cleared the decks a bit, have another new manager on the way and some pretty tasty games to look forward too next season I would have thought that 2014/15 will be a big improvement on 2013/14/

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
have been a season ticket holder since we were playing home games at Gillingham. Last year was so boring, can count the games I actually got passionate about on one hand. Really excited about all the London and close by away games we will have possibly, so have decided along with my son and 6 others who also have not renewed to go to away games only. Could be Orient & QPR, along with Brentford, Fulham, Millwall, Charlton, Watford & Reading. Bring it on. Also can't believe no one has been in touch from the club to find out why we haven't renewed, this club has changed for the worse, the people running the club now have no empathy with the fans, which is a very sad state of affairs.

In 5 years time you will be seeing a lot less of those 6 friends, wait and see

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
So BHA gets no financial benefit from the another "supporter"? A truly excellent suggestion.

If the away end is full, where else should he go? :facepalm:

It's not all about money either.

If the away end is full, where else should he go? :facepalm:

It's not all about money either.

I didn't say it's all about money. Go in the home end if you must but be aware you are not supporting BHA in any meaningful/tangible way. Maybe send the club a donation to cover their "lost" commission on the ticket sale.

Hope the clubs do get back in touch, they should. Agreed this season was very boring but perhaps worth waiting to see who we appoint as manager? - their approach to games might be very different and genuinely entertaining?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I didn't say it's all about money. Go in the home end if you must but be aware you are not supporting BHA in any meaningful/tangible way. Maybe send the club a donation to cover their "lost" commission on the ticket sale.

You must be joking?! :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Don't write off next season yet, could be a memorable one at the Amex, although it's been a long time since we were a fortress at home.

There will be plenty of opportunities to see home games on a match by match basis, we couldn't sell out the play-off versus Derby at home so highly unlikely to do it for regular league games.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The original post had either "fishing trip" or "Palace troll" written all over it, and I'm surprised so many people are biting.

It's May, and the manager who is supposedly the purveyor of such "boring football" has left, as will a number of players, ergo there is every reason to expect next season to be different. If I was going to quit, it wouldn't be now, as I'd feel a complete tit if the club got in an exciting new manager and a raft of signings with real potential over the next three months.

The decision not to renew would have been taken weeks ago, not now, so the timing of the post is clearly designed to generate a few responses in a week when things haven't gone right at the club.

Don't fall for it, suckers.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Is it Bigbelly under a new account?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it Bigbelly under a new account?

No idea, let's have a look.

He never did come back to tell us how his Selhurst season ticket panned out :lolol:

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
If you cant afford it or moving away then fair enough , everything else is just spun out noise!! so well done now trot off!, cya in the future when youre crying that you cant get a a playoff or Wembley ticket and you've been to blah blah number of Home games , and going to gillingham blah blah number of times and...oh bollox ...don't think anyone gives one!!!............BYE... go be orange!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here