Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not re-newing season ticket next year.........................

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Each to their own but how anyone can say the football at the Amex isn't as good as what was served up at Gillingham is beyond me. Sometimes the football hasn't been scintillating this season but virtually every game has been tense with the result in the balance.
I have a degree of nostalgia for the Gillingham days - it was fun to be part of a pretty small and vocal group but the football was mostly bloody awful!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Not sure the club would gain a lot from this. The OP would say to the club "last year was boring and the club has no empathy with fans". The club would respond, a) what has last year got to do with anything and b) do you want a cuddle?

I certainly won't be cancelling in fact I can't wait. Get the new manager in and let's make a better start than last year. But it's good to know that if I ever felt 'needy' and cancelled there's the possibility of a cuddle on offer. :kiss:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If the author of the post had a season ticket in the upper tier of the East Stand, and it's the one I've moved to, then thanks for not renewing. I wanted a season in the posh seats.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
giphy.gif

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would have thought a link to online survey be included in the standard cancellation email asking why you left, what could be improved, what could have given you second thoughts that sort of stuff.
Agreed. And then this thread would be about how the club had the cheek to email him like a no face customer, instead of calling him as a fan.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why bother? It isn't like there won't be people wanting to get hold of a season ticket.

There is no waiting list anymore. You can just waltz right in and buy a season ticket these days, it ain't an exclusive little clique.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I'm surprised to hear that no-one else who hasn't renewed didn't get any similar email or other communication.

As you have, I am sure others have, maybe they are selective over who they respond to :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The club should simply do this VIA E-mail purley on cost, it may not be a big cost sending out 1500 letters to customers, but the Operational area of the club may not have the budget to use on this.

A simple email would be pretty easy to do I have recently set up one as part of our customer retention stratergy for the company I work for.

Well l hope you did a spell check before setting up the e-mail.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
There is no waiting list anymore. You can just waltz right in and buy a season ticket these days, it ain't an exclusive little clique.

It's still a valid, albeit muted, point.

The club will be concerned that people don't renew, certainly, but there will be someone to pay for that seat whether on a match day basis or as a new ST holder, so why put resources into contacting those who choose not to renew in some vain attempt to get them reconsider?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Each to their own but how anyone can say the football at the Amex isn't as good as what was served up at Gillingham is beyond me. Sometimes the football hasn't been scintillating this season but virtually every game has been tense with the result in the balance.
I have a degree of nostalgia for the Gillingham days - it was fun to be part of a pretty small and vocal group but the football was mostly bloody awful!

Mostly?, the football was ALWAYS bloody awful at Gillingham!

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
The managers gone and whilst I agree on the excitement factor this year we will be back to more enjoyable footie next year, in an upwards direction having gone close despite all in the last 2 seasons. Think you may quickly regret your decision particularly as us STHs will certainly be taking in the London games.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I cancelled Sky last year and they write and phone every five minutes demanding to know why and begging me to return.

Drives me mental to be honest.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
have been a season ticket holder since we were playing home games at Gillingham. Last year was so boring, can count the games I actually got passionate about on one hand. Really excited about all the London and close by away games we will have possibly, so have decided along with my son and 6 others who also have not renewed to go to away games only. Could be Orient & QPR, along with Brentford, Fulham, Millwall, Charlton, Watford & Reading. Bring it on. Also can't believe no one has been in touch from the club to find out why we haven't renewed, this club has changed for the worse, the people running the club now have no empathy with the fans, which is a very sad state of affairs.

Well I think it is a shame. I did the same at Withdean a few seasons in. I managed a youth team Saturday morning - and was footballed out by the afternoon. And having stood outside all Saturday morning - the prospect of sitting in the open at Withdean became less enticing.

Also my lad was showing interest in other things - the upshot was I thought we would go to more away games. It didn't happen. We just went to far fewer games.

And I would hope the Club do get in contact to find out why you have not renewed.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So BHA gets no financial benefit from the another "supporter"? A truly excellent suggestion.

I don't think we benefit anyway from away games no matter what end you go in, except for the booking fee.

I believe you are one hundred per cent right. This all started because Man Utd got fed up with having to share their massive home revenues with the likes of Wimbledon!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here