Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not re-newing season ticket next year.........................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of my sons is not renewing because he missed a number of games through work and not able to get home after evening games so is going to buy a ticket for games as and when as there seems to always be some available.

Jan 30, 2008
But if your son is joining the army then it won't cost you over £100 a month.

I think you are overreacting. Like you, I've supported the club for well over 30 years, and I saw some disappointing performances last year, but now is not the time to chuck it in.

I think you'll enjoy the away games, but I hope you'll be back for home games too. Amex needs as many vocal supporters as possible. Come on back.
how about the one's already in attendance making an effort rather than telling people to sit down or grassing others up ??
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
why the yawn?, been proven with post's from other people complaining about people that sit near them and what they moan about /don't do , ALL THE TIME THERE'S NO DESIGNATED SINGING AREA YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE ISSUES....... FACT, anyway that's going off topic with the S/T issue.
regards
DR

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
why the yawn?, been proven with post's from other people complaining about people that sit near them and what they moan about /don't do , ALL THE TIME THERE'S NO DESIGNATED SINGING AREA YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE ISSUES....... FACT, anyway that's going off topic with the S/T issue.
regards
DR

I await your first ever positive post.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Bye Bye then.

Assume you made this decision in March?

This sort of put down is what I've come to expect from most ppl here, I made the same decision not to renew and it was based upon what I've seen for the last 3 seasons.
Simple fact is that I paid a lot of money to watch a team that are set up to try and avoid defeat instead of playing without fear and that frankly is unacceptable.
Derby, a team with no big names, no parachute payments finished way above us simply by getting men forward in numbers when they were attacking, when the ball was played up to Leo how many of our players were busting a gut to support him? Yes that's right nobody!
I'm also concerned by Blooms recent comments saying he is in no hurry to appoint a new manager, this means that whoever gets the job will have had no input regarding player recruitment and that means Burke will be trusted with identifying targets, does anyone think that is good?
Like many others I just want to see us trying to win games, if we done that I'd not complain if we got sucker punched occasionally.

Jan 30, 2008
This sort of put down is what I've come to expect from most ppl here, I made the same decision not to renew and it was based upon what I've seen for the last 3 seasons.
Simple fact is that I paid a lot of money to watch a team that are set up to try and avoid defeat instead of playing without fear and that frankly is unacceptable.
Derby, a team with no big names, no parachute payments finished way above us simply by getting men forward in numbers when they were attacking, when the ball was played up to Leo how many of our players were busting a gut to support him? Yes that's right nobody!
I'm also concerned by Blooms recent comments saying he is in no hurry to appoint a new manager, this means that whoever gets the job will have had no input regarding player recruitment and that means Burke will be trusted with identifying targets, does anyone think that is good?
Like many others I just want to see us trying to win games, if we done that I'd not complain if we got sucker punched occasionally.
you can't post things like that YOU'RE GOING TO UPSET PEOPLE ,but apart from that well put, i know exactly how you feel WAS PROBABLY THE MAIN FACTOR REGARDING STYLE OF PLAY for me as well ,still don't make you less of a fan does it.
regards
DR

problem some on here have is that they don't feel 'loved'. I don't mean that in a smarmy way I mean we are, as Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: would call themselves a 'massive' club. I'm Brighton to the core but now I just turn up, watch the match and go home. I spend a lot of time at P&TFC now and today, for example, I just popped into the club (on sundry business that'll be of no interest to you I'm sure) and the Team Mananger was there and although he doesn't know me well, asked how I was getting to the cup final (Amex) on Sunday, I explained me and my son would probably just go via Brighton but he insisited "get yerself down here and you and your boy can go on the team coach". I'm only a supporter nothing more therefore the feeling of being appreciated was unmeasureable.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Sorry, no disrespect to you and fair play for the reasons you have given for not enjoying the football. My comment was aimed at someone who has come on here, announced as some kind of big gesture that they are not renewing and then goes on to complain that no one from the club has been in touch!

I would however take issue with some of you comments. Bloom has not said he is in no hurry to appoint a manager, just that they will take how long is necessary to get the right man. Your comment implies they are a bit blasé whereas his comment is that they are going to do the recruitment properly. That leads on to the comment re Burke. We may well have a manager this time next week therefore there wouldn't be that much interruption to player recruitment.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
problem some on here have is that they don't feel 'loved'. I don't mean that in a smarmy way I mean we are, as Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: would call themselves a 'massive' club. I'm Brighton to the core but now I just turn up, watch the match and go home. I spend a lot of time at P&TFC now and today, for example, I just popped into the club (on sundry business that'll be of no interest to you I'm sure) and the Team Mananger was there and although he doesn't know me well, asked how I was getting to the cup final (Amex) on Sunday, I explained me and my son would probably just go via Brighton but he insisited "get yerself down here and you and your boy can go on the team coach". I'm only a supporter nothing more therefore the feeling of being appreciated was unmeasureable.
It's great to feel loved.:kiss:

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Thanks PPF and Drew, should have added that I will still be going to games and will always be a die hard fan, just hoping we do get a new man in place so he can mould the team to his style

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Im my opinion, you do make a very valid point about our style/players and Derby's. I personally think that Poyet overspent a lot of ours and TB's money on a squad with many failings eg lack of pace, skewed age spectrum, injury-prone players, he overpaid heavily on certain transfer fees .... and with mandatory FFP, TB, Barber and OG have had to deal with it all with their hands half tied.

But as an ever optimistic football fan, I'm hoping that the Board, performance analysts and then the next manager, have seen the very same things and also identified ALL the players we should be looking to offload. Also, at the same time, are addressing the changes needed to give us attacking/counter attacking football at pace with better players.

I felt this long before the Derby games, but they were beneficial in that they have highlighted to everyone, how far we'd slipped and how Derby for example, on a similar budget, had made great strides.

So we're keeping our season tickets with that hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here