Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North v West

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
don't want to sound cruel, but it don't paint you in a good picture

christ your not wrong,saw a few today that are bha through and through,that shall i say havent been able to go(7/10 years),reckon west stand is going to raise the roof!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 2719

North stand was great today, west when they joined were loud but far to infrequent, east nothing at all. Too many yids in the home end too. Trouble is the only time I could hear the west was when we stopped to listen to them. West stand Brighton boys was really the only time I heard them !

Wait until Donny and the real west stand singers will turn up Dave.

:bigwave:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Seems it was decent but neither could here the other. Hopefully the pitch heard it all. Mate said the radio came across as good atmosphere at times.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always got the feeling the West Stand were toying with us North Standers and could zap us with a sheer wall of sound - if only they could be arsed. There was a couple of full-bodied blasts about five minutes before full time.

But too little, too late.

2-0 to the North Stand so far. Fact.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The North were singing all throughout the game the West started about 10 mins from time! The North made the atmosphere what it was!

The north were immense for the first half hour no doubt, but did not sing all game by any stretch. This time next week when we have played a real game for points I'm confident there will be no probs with lack of atmosphere.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I was in WSU and thought the north were immense.

Plenty of people round me not singing though, so no doubt when everyone is singing it will be deafening.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The north were immense for the first half hour no doubt, but did not sing all game by any stretch. This time next week when we have played a real game for points I'm confident there will be no probs with lack of atmosphere.

I certainly did! It seemed to go abit quieter after the 2nd Spurs goal but a fair number of us kept it going even if it didn't come out to loud. Beside alot of people in the north where distracted by some girl.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
north row z next to the screen.

North. The west stand is identical to the old west stand at the goldstone ground. All the hype about wsu being the place to be. Complete shit. Bet all those up there are regretting it now.

Originally Posted by MORTY
Interesting. Where do you sit?
north row z next to the screen.

Perhaps you are mistaken and the sound is going up your a-- and up behind the big screen ?

Either way it will be fabulous v Donny when hopefully we will all sing together like the last 15 minutes today

north stand whipped the west stand arse!

Thought the north stand/nsk out sung a very sluggish west stand! Thats what it seemed from the west stand upper!
Also had this confirmed by the fat ball boy in the east! Got a bit cringy with the west stand trying to gate crash the left side right side competition in the north!:moo:one-nil to the north stand:eek:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I certainly did! It seemed to go abit quieter after the 2nd Spurs goal but a fair number of us kept it going even if it didn't come out to loud. Beside alot of people in the north where distracted by some girl.

Tbf I am the other side of the half way line from the north in west upper, no such eye candy near me but I did join in with those near me singing as my lack of voice reminds me when I try to talk now.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Get the feeling from what some are saying that the North couldnt be heard in parts of the West and the West couldnt be heard in the North, would be a shame if true.

Left and right sides of the North were superb, middle not so great - if us lot in the middle can link the two sides together then its going to be pretty noisy in there.

I got the feeling that the North Stand were giving it about 70% of their maximum. I'd say WSU was well below 50% effort.

Sitting in the back of Block H there were a lot of empty seats in front of us and only a cluster at the front (Mendoza and friends) who were joining in. Both games so far it has been mainly empty up at the north end of WSU and it is difficult to give the singing a decent blast when you are the only one singing for about 10-15 rows.

Wait until next week when hopefully all the stands will be FULL and with their normal ST holders in place rather than a crowd of friends, family, opposition fans etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here