The Fatherland
Absolutely this.

West Ham
Millwall
Spurs
ManU
Leeds

DO NOT vigorously enforce seating in their main singing end stand

Gives them a more boisterous atmosphere and a competitive advantage.
Pro players always talk about about some grounds are intimidating (in a non criminal sense) to play at, and it can put them as the away team off their game.

Hebberd .... Please don't turn us into a Reading or MKDons with a sterile stadium atmosphere.

I was in the away end at the Ethiad a few months ago and ALL the city fans in the stand adjacent to me and behind the goal stood all game with no attempt to make them sit.

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
Feel for the lad this thread is about (Havent read it all)

Having been ejected and banned at the Bristol game for complete trash that the stewards reported- I am happily sitting quietly (A few shouts of support LOL)and not standing in the West Sand (Great view BTW)

TBH my little "Interview" with the security people after the ban went OK. They did listen

Point of this post- part of the discussion was around the atmosphere and they dont wanna stop it- and they asked if a fans forum would help. My reply was that so long as it was made up of real fans- not the prawn sandwich brigade, or politicaly correct figures, it might help

Maybe someone should write to the relevant people

PS- After 40 yrs of raucous support for the Albion, using my loudmouth, the stewarding at the Amex has put me into premature retirement.
To the rest of you- Keep it up lads

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Ridiculous. Stewards at Lord's are twats too. Jumped up, autistic, health and safety obsessives. I know someone who was hauled out of the North stand at the Goldstone for supposedly 'pushing' in a crowd surge. He was wearing glasses and the reflection was caught in the lights on the CCTV. They showed him the vid, he just laughed and they dropped any charges. Those in authority were probably just bored and wanted something to do.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ridiculous. Stewards at Lord's are twats too. Jumped up, autistic, health and safety obsessives. I know someone who was hauled out of the North stand at the Goldstone for supposedly 'pushing' in a crowd surge. He was wearing glasses and the reflection was caught in the lights on the CCTV. They showed him the vid, he just laughed and they dropped any charges. Those in authority were probably just bored and wanted something to do.

I hope you never have to spend your life watching your autistic child trying to battle his way through his life.

That said I feel for those that love you watching you struggle along with your ignorance.

Oct 11, 2005
London
Five then? Hardly "insane".

My comment was more about the frequency in which fans are being banned for minor offences such as standing - which I do find insane. IMHO, banning a supporter from attending his/her teams matches should be the last resort after all other options have been considered. At the moment it appears that bans are being handed out for first offences!

In a few years when we're not doing so well on the pitch the club may well come to regret the way its treating its fans at the moment. Those banned now, may well decide not to return in the future.

Eurobound

Nov 3, 2003
That's been done this week.
Count me in- Ive got things to say efter being ejected and banned fron the North Stand
(Sure lottsa others have too)

But in a way to assist the club as well as, us, the fans

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
My comment was more about the frequency in which fans are being banned for minor offences such as standing - which I do find insane. IMHO, banning a supporter from attending his/her teams matches should be the last resort after all other options have been considered. At the moment it appears that bans are being handed out for first offences!

In a few years when we're not doing so well on the pitch the club may well come to regret the way its treating its fans at the moment. Those banned now, may well decide not to return in the future.

What other minor offences have people been banned for?

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Barbers a ******, he can say what he wants and act as if he cares what we think but he is just trying to impress his executive friends. My seat is right behind the guy who was kicked out and he done nothing wrong, he told the steward that if someone behind him wanted him to sit down then he would and he was not at all aggressive towards the stewards, there were police all ready and waiting in the concourse so it was obvious they wanted to kick people out. When the crowd started having a go at the steward he went off but came back with about 3 policemen at half time when a large section of the crowd had gone into the concourse and took the guy out, the guy didn't swear or resist and went peacefully. The fact that he's been banned is disgraceful and it means that the steward is a lier. I am absolutely livid and Barber should overturn the decision and fire that steward. One steward said she was a fan but she had no reply when she was told that a real fan wouldn't do that to another fan. I would understand if he had sworn or been aggressive but he did nothing wrong. Sort it out Barber.

I've posted this is another thread on the same subject.......a steward who was involved in the ejection (I saw the fan being marched out by the police) told me when I asked him that he had been ejected for foul and abusive language. He did not mention persistent standing as the reason therefore someone IS lying and I tend to believe your version of events because others who were nearby have said the same. The steward who had him ejected was obviously hurt by the abuse he got from other fans initially and IMO sought to redress the hurt he felt by getting the police involved. A decent steward would have done what the commander said and that was to have a quiet word on the concourse but no.....straight in with the size 12's.....bang out of order

Eurobound

Nov 3, 2003
At this point in time (Rising crowds, near full stadium) u aint gonna win, fighting the club

Best thing to do is mount a continued campaign agianst idiotic stewarding

Lets get a PROPER Fans Forum going- one that is no Prawn sandwich Brigade, and not one elected by Club Management

Said by an ejected, and dejected Fan, that still supports ALL things Albion, and has done for 40 yr (Started when I was 9 LOL)

Eurobound

Nov 3, 2003
To be honest- what would I do in a Fans Forum- (looking at the first post in this thread)

Surprisingly- I'd listen to the Clubs side of the story

Who was the Judge in the SAMSON cut yer hair off Religious story- sorry cant remember ?(Not Religious)

But you have to know both side to have an opinion

Then I would see all these posts here and, listen to everyone involved and try seek resolution

There should be some way of resolving bans from the ground other than to leaving it to the Club alone- I MEAN WE ARE THE PAYING CUSTOMERS (But the Club does have a business to run)

Signed- Ejected/Banned Season Ticket holder North Stand

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
To be honest- what would I do in a Fans Forum- (looking at the first post in this thread)

Who was the Judge in the SAMSON cut yer hair off Religious story- sorry cant remember ?(Not Religious)

Then I would see all these posts here and, listen to everyone involved and try seek resolution

There should be some way of resolving bans from the ground other than to leaving it to the Club alone- I MEAN WE ARE THE PAYING CUSTOMERS (But the Club does have a business to run)

What were you banned for and which row were you in

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I hope you never have to spend your life watching your autistic child trying to battle his way through his life.

That said I feel for those that love you watching you struggle along with your ignorance.

I too have an autistic child and cannot believe the ignorance shown in that comment. Well said!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Dunno but he led a blinding version of Left, Right, Left.:rave:

Eurobound

Nov 3, 2003
Me talking BRISTOL game last year my friend

3 ejected- one at the back row North Stand (Thats was me)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here