North Stand Standing - message from removed fan

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He should not have been asked to. The club really does need to get away from this lower league mentality and learn from clubs like Spurs who actively encourage fans in a certain area to stand up, sing and create a proper atmosphere. Amusing to think that this week Alex Ferguson urged Old Trafford to do just the same.

Absolutely this.

West Ham
Millwall
Spurs
ManU
Leeds

DO NOT vigorously enforce seating in their main singing end stand

Gives them a more boisterous atmosphere and a competitive advantage.
Pro players always talk about about some grounds are intimidating (in a non criminal sense) to play at, and it can put them as the away team off their game.

Hebberd .... Please don't turn us into a Reading or MKDons with a sterile stadium atmosphere.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Absolutely this.

West Ham
Millwall
Spurs
ManU
Leeds

Pro players always talk about about some grounds are intimidating (in a non criminal sense) to play at, and it can put them as the away team off their game.

Hebberd .... Please don't turn us into a Reading or MKDons with a sterile stadium atmosphere.

This

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
To be honest, judging by some of the moronic comments on here I'd be quite pleased if a few more get bans. Just because they can't do what they want, when they want and for how long they want, they throw their toys out of the pram. This perception that the atmosphere at the Amex hinges solely on whether 10% of the crowd can stand is ludicrous. Furthermore some of the comments on here suggesting that if you can't stand for the whole match then the only alternative is to sit quietly, all wearing the same clothes blah blah blah beggar belief and make you question the intelligence of those posters! The West Upper has no problem with the concept of all seater stadium and regularly rise to their feet and make a lot of noise. No doubt the north standers will pooh pooh that idea as it flies in the face their basic human right to stand. Get a life FFS. If standing is so important then get involved with a dialogue with the club as to why they are perceived to impose the seating rule more than other clubs. At the end of the day, the club have to answer to their local authority with regard to the safety cert, not the local authority in Manchester or Tottenham.

Clueless :facepalm:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Absolutely this.

West Ham
Millwall
Spurs
ManU
Leeds

Agree 100% .... but don't think Hebberd will take any notice

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hang on, let me get this right, you would be pleased if more fans are given bans? You can't be an Albion fan then.

Shit, that's 35 years of wasted Saturday afternoons then! The point I was intending to make is that I have no time for so called fans that want a confrontational approach to the issue. Perhaps find out who at the local authority is responsible for the safety certificate and lobby them. Maybe if the club knew the council wouldn't withdraw the cert for what might be perceived as acceptable standing in one particular stand that might help. Join the safe standing at football campaign and be an active member. The camaign for Falmer was both innovative and humerous and eventually, persuasive. It was never about confrontation. The campaign against Archer and Bellotti was confrontational but that was about the possible extinction of the club, being allowed to stand is not even in the same league.

Feb 14, 2010
The camaign for Falmer was both innovative and humerous and eventually, persuasive. It was never about confrontation. The campaign against Archer and Bellotti was confrontational but that was about the possible extinction of the club, being allowed to stand is not even in the same league.[/QUOTE]

No you are not a Brighton fan. If you were then ou will have known how confrontational the campaign was. 1 lad went to prison, and well as you dont support us then just do a google search and look up Brighton v York City. I assume you have no intention of learning from Spurs then, shame.

Feb 14, 2010
Drew - I thought you said it wasn't confrontational, apologies I thought you didnt know that it was. if you are a Brighton fan then why on earth do you want a sterile atmosphere. The club need the fans in the run in to stand and sing, just like they do at Spurs. If you are a steward, then you are not helping the players, the fans or the club by throwing people out for doing just that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The camaign for Falmer was both innovative and humerous and eventually, persuasive. It was never about confrontation. The campaign against Archer and Bellotti was confrontational but that was about the possible extinction of the club, being allowed to stand is not even in the same league.

No you are not a Brighton fan. If you were then ou will have known how confrontational the campaign was. 1 lad went to prison, and well as you dont support us then just do a google search and look up Brighton v York City. I assume you have no intention of learning from Spurs then, shame.

Think you need to read my post again. Perhaps you spot where you have gone wrong!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Drew - I thought you said it wasn't confrontational, apologies I thought you didnt know that it was. if you are a Brighton fan then why on earth do you want a sterile atmosphere. The club need the fans in the run in to stand and sing, just like they do at Spurs. If you are a steward, then you are not helping the players, the fans or the club by throwing people out for doing just that.

Think you need to think before posting!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just seems odd that all premier teams let their fans stand througout the game and yet we seem intent on banning as many fans as possible, this doesn't come across as good Amex experience as it creates negative vibes which is now turning fans away. We still need to build our fan base not stop it in its tracks.

Oct 11, 2005
London
Just seems odd that all premier teams let their fans stand througout the game and yet we seem intent on banning as many fans as possible, this doesn't come across as good Amex experience as it creates negative vibes which is now turning fans away. We still need to build our fan base not stop it in its tracks.

I totally agree. The number of fans being banned is insane. All perspective seems to have been lost when finding a suitable punishment for a deemed 'crime'.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Out of interest, exactly how many fans have received bans for standing?

Definitely 4 in N1A (now N1D), it could be 5, of those one is a Dad got banned at the Newcastle match who brings his boy (9 or 19 year old) who obviously cannot come either now

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Definitely 4 in N1A (now N1D), it could be 5, of those one is a Dad got banned at the Newcastle match who brings his boy (9 or 19 year old) who obviously cannot come either now

And a bloke in, i would say his late 40's, who had a walking stick, and was with his Dad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports