North Stand Police Box fans...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
At end of day unless we all sing together it dies out. I sat in the Schalke away end v Chelsea with a Getman friend and everyone was united and the atmosphere was immense. Could not hear Chelsea at all. Being a season ticket holder in the North i would say sing songs TOGETHER. Makes it noisier and more intimidating for away players. Singing in small pockets does not work or create an atmosphere

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The only way you will ever get the stand singing in unison is the day the seating policy is changed to "sit where you want", so unfortunately in other words, never.

Mar 9, 2008
The police box, the police box, the police box
The police box of the albion, the albion, the albion
The albion of Sussex, of Sussex, of Sussex
Of Sussex by the SEA, the SEA, the SEA
whoawhoawhoawhoa
:rave::rock::ascarf::albion:

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Total JCL question coming up: who is the bloke that leads the chants under the police box?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The only way you will ever get the stand singing in unison is the day the seating policy is changed to "sit where you want", so unfortunately in other words, never.

That will never, ever happen at the Amex.......

That and I love my seat at the centre of the North, best view of the ground - dont really want anyone else having it!! When i moved to the North last year, the atmosphere was great and most of the noise came from the centre, its slowly moved to the Eastside and the Westside of the North creating the noise, so when it gets to us lot in the middle - you have 2 different songs or the same song at different speeds at different places !!

It needs to go from the centre of the North and rather annoyingly tinpot this sounds (though the idea isnt really that tinpot), we might need to do what Watford did over the Summer and have a "singing section" - basically get people who actually want to sing songs moved into the same area (IE the centre of the North). With 1 entire block singing, possibly more, it would all but be certain to spread around the North, then around the ground

PS -No fecking drum.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That will never, ever happen at the Amex.......

That and I love my seat at the centre of the North, best view of the ground - dont really want anyone else having it!! When i moved to the North last year, the atmosphere was great and most of the noise came from the centre, its slowly moved to the Eastside and the Westside of the North creating the noise, so when it gets to us lot in the middle - you have 2 different songs or the same song at different speeds at different places !!

It needs to go from the centre of the North and rather annoyingly tinpot this sounds (though the idea isnt really that tinpot), we might need to do what Watford did over the Summer and have a "singing section" - basically get people who actually want to sing songs moved into the same area (IE the centre of the North). With 1 entire block singing, possibly more, it would all but be certain to spread around the North, then around the ground

PS -No fecking drum.
If we have a singing section there should be a contract you have to sing before being allocated a seat.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Or the club ask for interest, people apply and move. Though certain "groups" will be stubborn and not move or want to be a part of it.

The club could make it clear to everyone that they want to create a proper atmosphere in the North. They could say that at the end of this season you can't renew your exact same seat, but what you do is that anyone who you want to stay sat with you put on your renewal form and they'll ensure you're relocated together. Then there's a question on the form saying 'please tick the relevant box- I wish to sing 100% of the game / 80% of the game / 50% of the game / 20% of the game / not at all'. Anyone who puts 100% gets put in the central zone of the North, 80% are either side of the 110%ers and in front and behind, and so on. Anyone who puts that they don't want to sing at all should be offered the chance to relocate to another stand.

I'm 100% sure the club won't do this, because they'll be worried about annoying people, and there would be a load of moaners saying "I want to sit in the North but I don't want to sing, you can't force me to etc", but if the club really wanted an atmosphere in the North, they could do it. It would make the North Stand amazing, it could be the best stand for atmosphere in the Championship.

Jan 30, 2008
The club could make it clear to everyone that they want to create a proper atmosphere in the North. They could say that at the end of this season you can't renew your exact same seat, but what you do is that anyone who you want to stay sat with you put on your renewal form and they'll ensure you're relocated together. Then there's a question on the form saying 'please tick the relevant box- I wish to sing 100% of the game / 80% of the game / 50% of the game / 20% of the game / not at all'. Anyone who puts 100% gets put in the central zone of the North, 80% are either side of the 110%ers and in front and behind, and so on. Anyone who puts that they don't want to sing at all should be offered the chance to relocate to another stand.

I'm 100% sure the club won't do this, because they'll be worried about annoying people, and there would be a load of moaners saying "I want to sit in the North but I don't want to sing, you can't force me to etc", but if the club really wanted an atmosphere in the North, they could do it. It would make the North Stand amazing, it could be the best stand for atmosphere in the Championship.
SUMS UP FOOTBALL IN GENERAL DOESN'T IT??? , to much apathy about, people prepared to put up with what they're given???
regards
DR

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I thought we did a fairly good job in the centre of the North on Saturday.

Good group of us in rows R, S and T sing our hearts out every game, too many people worry about other areas of the ground, just concentrate on where you can influence the game and cheer on the lads to the best of your ability. Sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports