Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Police Box fans...

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Commander should be the high up singing conductor like one finds in Italy........if any violin starts in the corners before his mark, you will get banned from this forum.

I think that it's your avatar that enable posters to not take you seriously.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Commander should be the high up singing conductor like one finds in Italy........if any violin starts in the corners before his mark, you will get banned from this forum.

I think that it's your avatar that enable posters to not take you seriously.

You've said that before, and I like the idea. The Conductor.

I don't know what to say to the second part, from most other posters it might hurt, but is there anyone on this entire forum who takes you seriously? I'm surprised you haven't claimed the police box lot are some kind of reptilian overlords trying to gain control of us blind sheep (apart from you of course, you know better).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I overheard your name in conversation today on the concourse

That would have been a conversation with you and the others under the police box, I assume.

taking the piss out of you for being so obsessed with this group of fans!

And post match they even made a little ditty up in honour of your thread.

Maybe you want to have a think about those two statements. Just saying.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Always thought it would make more sense to put the away fans near the north stand as would unite that end and create more of an atmosphere in the ground in general. The west upper had a better atmosphere when the away fans were closer now they are isolated by the east you barely hear a peep from them.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
About a year ago THE BOLLOX BUS who travel to away games and create an atmos were slated on NSC
About a year ago a group creating atmos mainly young teenage lads were slated for being CHAVY ULTRAS on NSC
Now the POLICE BOX FANS are facing the same fate by the precious ones on NSC

And people then moan there's no atmos at The Amex or away games:shrug:
This. The whole thread is Zzzzzzzzzzz

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
About a year ago THE BOLLOX BUS who travel to away games and create an atmos were slated on NSC
About a year ago a group creating atmos mainly young teenage lads were slated for being CHAVY ULTRAS on NSC

what he said

D

Deleted User X18H

We sang 'Jerusalem' and ' come into the garden maud' in the 1901.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013

Just to clarify something... There are very few grounds in the UK with a brilliant home atmosphere, The Amex could be one of them for sure.

'Police Box' do get involved with most of the chants coming across from the NE, but its one or two chants that are pretty destructive to the overall atmosphere.

10mins in yesterday the North were in full voice, I even said to my mates this is loud! But 11 mins in... the Tony Bloom chant? No one joins in and by 16 minutes only one small rendition of Shoreham road is under way which eventually drowns out the 'noise'.

There was a chant of 'we'll sing what we want'... and also some lads in the centre of the north (back wall) singing 'we cant hear you over here' (which is complete bollocks because I could here it!)

I want the North to be the loudest stand in the Championship... pretty much the Championship Kop end!! It needs to be united for that to happen and unfortunately little boy brigades trying to become Ultras isn't the way forward.

Argue and bitch all you want, surely every Albion fan wants the same thing here? If not, then whats the point???

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And your point is ?

2 points. That it's not surprising Portlock Seagull overheard people calling Commander a knob seeing as he and his mates were probably the ones discussing him. That the 'obsession' seems to be a two-way thing. For what it's worth I hope it gets sorted out soon because we're all Albion fans and we all want an atmosphere at the match. :thumbsup:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
2 points. That it's not surprising Portlock Seagull overheard people calling Commander a knob seeing as he and his mates were probably the ones discussing him. That the 'obsession' seems to be a two-way thing. For what it's worth I hope it gets sorted out soon because we're all Albion fans and we all want an atmosphere at the match. :thumbsup:

Agree with your last point about Atmosphere aint got a clue abouth the 1st bit though,the 3 sections of the North need to sing together which currently is not happening and that is a real shame.:albion2::thumbsup::albion2:

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
I would imagine the reason they haven't been on here to defend themselves, because quite frankly they really don't give a flying **** what you all think.

Just saying.

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
Was better last year before this group moved, they used to be a link in between both ends of the stand, so songs carried much better. Since the move under the police box I think it has changed the atmosphere.

My plan is to join in with all the songs, give it my best, don't care who starts them, not too fussed what the song is, as long as we get some noise..

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I would imagine the reason they haven't been on here to defend themselves, because quite frankly they really don't give a flying **** what you all think.

Just saying.

And that concludes this thread in a nutshell. The end.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think the whole of the North Stand should be ashamed. Back in the Goldstone days the ground was always electric. Every week it was bursting at the seams and it was so farking loud the away fans would cower down and beg us for mercy. Nobody left the North stand on a match day without their ears bleeding from the raucous, unrelenting cacophony that was produced by the hardest *******s that have ever been known to man. Then the police would look on helpless after the game as we smashed the opposition into the dirt in Hove Park. God knows how many bodies would be uncovered if they ever dug that place up.Great times.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I think the whole of the North Stand should be ashamed. Back in the Goldstone days the ground was always electric. Every week it was bursting at the seams and it was so farking loud the away fans would cower down and beg us for mercy. Nobody left the North stand on a match day without their ears bleeding from the raucous, unrelenting cacophony that was produced by the hardest *******s that have ever been known to man. Then the police would look on helpless after the game as we smashed the opposition into the dirt in Hove Park. God knows how many bodies would be uncovered if they ever dug that place up.Great times.

I remember leading the North Stand in chorus as we put 6 past another hapless opponent. Arms raised in glory, making a Freddie Mercury encore look like a Quakers retreat.

I then led the troops out into Hove Park, like you say, and over-ran at least three bobble hatted, flask carrying away fans and the massed ranks of their junior supporters club.

We were hard back then.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

I remember leading the North Stand in chorus as we put 6 past another hapless opponent. Arms raised in glory, making a Freddie Mercury encore look like a Quakers retreat.

I then led the troops out into Hove Park, like you say, and over-ran at least three bobble hatted, flask carrying away fans and the massed ranks of their junior supporters club.

We were hard back then.

:lolol:

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Was better last year before this group moved, they used to be a link in between both ends of the stand, so songs carried much better. Since the move under the police box I think it has changed the atmosphere.

My plan is to join in with all the songs, give it my best, don't care who starts them, not too fussed what the song is, as long as we get some noise..

i agree, i'm between the police box and the pundits room at the top. i join in with most songs because i want to help create a great atmosphere. whilst i think the commander has a point, if and when the bulk of the north stand sing it all makes no odds what the police-box group are doing. i can never understand why people have gone in the north if they aren't going to cheer their team on - surely the north is known to be be the main stand for this!!
i would say that the group in question put an amazing amount of effort into cheering the team on. sometimes, the timing of some of their songs could be better and also accept that when a song is going well and loud they should stop their song and join in.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I would imagine the reason they haven't been on here to defend themselves, because quite frankly they really don't give a flying **** what you all think

I overheard your name in conversation today on the concourse. People calling you a right knob head because of your comments about misguided and enthusiastic thread. Sorry, just reporting like but people were laughing and taking the piss out of you for being so obsessed with this group of fans! And post match they even made a little ditty up in honour of your thread. I could hear it as I was leaving after final whistle. Think they're quite happy. And laughing at you rather than with.

Ok then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here