Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Non-goal highlights v Ajax

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Dunk's header back was almost the only thing on target towards our goal all evening.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My personal highlight was finding no food in the west stand concourse just before the game, then at half time having a piss then wandering between to two counters to try and get my pie, then going back to my seat a little bit dejected when I thought it would take too long.
I hope you cheered your seat up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Dunk's calm header back to Steel near the end of the game and James MIlner performing like the great player he is.
Was it me, or did is seem to go REALLY high up in the air?

The Fannying Around At The Back™ towards the end of the game was great, as was Baleba's cameo and Veltman's willingness to get forward and/or make a run into the box in the second half was entertaining. He was playing like he had something to prove, which, maybe he did?!

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
Pedro's celebration

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231027_164116_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20231027_164116_X.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20231027_165403_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20231027_165403_X.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20231027_165151_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20231027_165151_X.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 30

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree with Dunks header back to Steele.
That was one of, if not the, coolest thing I've seen so far this season.
Yes, that probably eclipsed every single one of his chested back passes. I also really liked when Dunk decided he'd had enough, moved out of position, and won the ball back on the edge of our penalty area. I'm sure he did it more than once. It was a little bit like an adult showing off in front of kids.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
van Hecke's celebration for the second goal.

All the defenders had a big team cuddle, before JPVH went to join the forwards and then gave the North Stand some big "come on!" type gestures. I can only assume he wasn't an Ajax fan growing up!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I enjoyed the randomness of the screen. At one point it randomly came up with "Extra Time" and then at another point "Goal" when there wasn't one.

As a side note i continue to be baffled by Uefa's total control of the screen format and everything else. Especially when it is clearly inferior to what we normally have. You'd think it would be a case of raising the game, not making it worse. Odd.
Annoying to not know at quick reference as to who’s on a yellow

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Some non-footballing ones:

Sidwell's chant. I didn't see him, but I guess he was around the NW corner going too or from the pitch at half-time.

The big screen having a wobble and showing 'Extra time' at 43 minutes and then 'GOAL' on around 87 minutes.

The Dutch translation of the Europa League 'keep football fun' message and Bobkin Jnr and I trying to work out whether it was Richie Reynolds doing both of them, or just someone who sounded like him, but a bit louder and more excited.

Andrea 'Procrastination is the thief of time' Orlandi at half time (I can't believe that's the first time he's been back to the Amex) :love:
IMG_3430.jpeg

NW corner with Crouch and Jules

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It was my first game of the season (bad fan), but have they stopped with the lyrics on the screen completely now? If so I thought it's a lot better!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here