Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Non-goal highlights v Ajax

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
His one contribution was to be the ONLY player offside in the entire game.
Quite an all-round performance then.

Brok

Bork. I meant Bork.
Dec 26, 2011
Yep. You could tell the commentator Ian Darke doesn't watch us every week, he got very excited about that whereas Virgo sat next to him and us fans just expect it now. Class.
Where's the gif dude when you need him? I'd love to see that again.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
His one contribution was to be the ONLY player offside in the entire game.
Yeah, this was superb. 89 minutes played, not a single offside flag (I wonder if it would have been a record if there had been no offsides?) until Chuba makes an entrance, and immediately runs pointlessly behind the last defender. Amazing stuff.

Mind you, it was more than I ever saw him run in an Albion shirt, so perhaps he has improved. Incredible work by him and his agent: literally has once good season in his entire career, in the CHAMPIONSHIP, and gets a move to Ajax. Miraculous.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That excited rumble that went around the Amex when we were awarded a free kick in a great position just outside the Ajax penalty area in the second half and the ball was immediately given to Lewis Dunk.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Felt that 'we are back baby'. So many great performances, Dunk, Steele, Veltman, Wee Billy I thought was on fire, Mitoma, Fati, Pedro - in fact the whole bloody lot of them.

Pedro upto 6 goals so far this season. Incredible. 20 by the end of the season?

Marseille beating AEK so we're very much still in the mix.

How so many pundits and non BHAFC fans were not surprised by the result.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I enjoyed the randomness of the screen. At one point it randomly came up with "Extra Time" and then at another point "Goal" when there wasn't one.

As a side note i continue to be baffled by Uefa's total control of the screen format and everything else. Especially when it is clearly inferior to what we normally have. You'd think it would be a case of raising the game, not making it worse. Odd.

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
my highlight ... only one other in the office this morning, and a later visitor, both are Ajax fans ... they had to get back to reminiscing about past glories, rather than talk about their performance last night. I get to keep coming up with other reasons to talk about the game. I feel they may be tiring of me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here