[Football] Non-albion Summer 23 transfer window discussion

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kane will have to be sold first

Son/Richi/Maddison/Kulu will all chip in enough to get top 10

I imagine if he does go they will bring someone else In as well

Do you think no European fixtures will give a significant PL advantage to Spurs and Chelsea?

Whilst Manure, Villa, Brighton and Liverpool will face midweek games and travelling, those two will generally have 7 days total focus and rest for PL games.
If you look at Tottenham's Top 20 record signings I'd say the the jury is out on 4 of them: Romero, Maddison, Porro, Bissouma. Of the other 16 I'd say only Son and Kulusevski have been successful.

That's 14 mediocre signings (Ndombele, Richarlison, Davison Sanchez, Moussa Sissoko, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Soldado, Reguilon, Lamela, Moura, Sessegnon, Gil, Emerson Royal and Serge Aurier with a combined cost of £400mill). That's some poor recruitment by Levy.

I know a few Spurs fans, they’d agree with that. Perhaps adding Richarlison to the ‘jury’s out’ category after just one season. Hojbjerg is generally condemned …. a flat track bully who appears to beast one game in a 9 man defence holding onto to a tedious one nil win, shit in the next two games where he ball watches in critical goals conceded. They’ve never replaced Mousa Dembele.

Reasons for all these transfer gaffs? Meddling by non football man Levy? A revolving door of managers and sporting directors?

@Kinky Gerbils what’s your take on it all?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Ian Nacho and Daka aren't much cop in the Premier League but I imagine they'll do alright in the Championship.

Players that couldn't be bothered to turn up last season in the Prem, in my eyes are unlikely to suddenly decide they want to play for Leicester in the Championship.

Questionable managerial appointment too. 4 wins in 14 at Parma with pretty much the best squad in the league after they dropped from the top flight. Seems a nice bloke though and mates with RDZ and Pep.
One of my mates is a concert pianist, that doesn't make me Chopin.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hojbjerg is generally condemned …. a flat track bully who appears to beast one game in a 9 man defence holding onto to a tedious one nil win, shit in the next two games.
Nah - must be a great player - Yves Bissouma wasn't up to his level, according to the great Antonio Conte..........

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Do you think no European fixtures will give a significant PL advantage to Spurs and Chelsea?

Whilst Manure, Villa, Brighton and Liverpool will face midweek games and travelling, those two will generally have 7 days total focus and rest for PL games.

I know a few Spurs fans, they’d agree with that. Perhaps adding Richarlison to the ‘jury’s out’ category after just one season. Hojbjerg is generally condemned …. a flat track bully who appears to beast one game in a 9 man defence holding onto to a tedious one nil win, shit in the next two games where he ball watches in critical goals conceded. They’ve never replaced Mousa Dembele.

Reasons for all these transfer gaffs? Meddling by non football man Levy? A revolving door of managers and sporting directors?

@Kinky Gerbils what’s your take on it all?
Richi had a stop start season, injured a fair bit, I want to see him again this season, seems unfair to call him a flop after one season, there was calls for Son to be sold after his first season.

It was the older players last year that let the side down more than the newer ones, Hugo/Dier/Hojberg being the main culprits, seems all 3 are on the way out this summer.

Hojberg is just a lazy hand waver, his footballing IQ seems low as well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Richi had a stop start season, injured a fair bit, I want to see him again this season, seems unfair to call him a flop after one season, there was calls for Son to be sold after his first season.

It was the older players last year that let the side down more than the newer ones, Hugo/Dier/Hojberg being the main culprits, seems all 3 are on the way out this summer.

Hojberg is just a lazy hand waver, his footballing IQ seems low as well.

I don't rate him. I watched Spurs fans analysis last season of vital goals conceded, often Hojbjerg was a statuesque lump outside the 18 yard box.

A very, very poor man's Dembele/Ledley King.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I was thinking about this the other day when I saw they'd signed Maddison, if Spurs were to buy a decent centre back they'd have a pretty good first 11.

............................... Kane ........................................

Son ................. Maddison ................. Kulusevski

.................... Bissouma ... Bentancur ..................

Sessegnon ... Romero ... New CB ... Spence

................................... Raya .....................................

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I was thinking about this the other day when I saw they'd signed Maddison, if Spurs were to buy a decent centre back they'd have a pretty good first 11.

They're selling Kane.
It's going to have a seismic impact on them. He is their talisman and has single handledly won then games repeatedly over the last few seasons.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Are Sessegnon and Spence top 4 quality fullbacks?

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
They're not going for Raya anymore either are they? They signed the fella from Empoli was it?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't rate him. I watched Spurs fans analysis last season of vital goals conceded, often Hojbjerg was a statuesque lump outside the 18 yard box.

A very, very poor man's Dembele/Ledley King.
He's terrible, won't suit a high press/high energy team.

Seems rumours of him being off are increasing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Porro/Udodge will be full backs I imagine

Sess is on the exit list.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Assuming Ange is more willing than Conte to allow Spence anywhere near the first team

Diocletian

Feb 16, 2023
Just read that Willian has turned down a new contract offer from Fulham and looking for a new Prem club to join.
He was decent season just gone but would you consider taking him?
Would he get in our squad?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here