Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Non-albion Summer 23 transfer window discussion

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Pau Torres to Villa. Absolutely huge signing that. For my money one of the very best CBs, and possibly the best passer of the ball.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yup. Him for 35m and Tielemans on a free is worryingly good business.
Given how 'good' they were under Emery it's two bits of incredible business. If they sign a big name striker as well on paper their first team is intimidating to say the least. Next year is going to be lots of fun. Genuinely think Spurs might not make too ten.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Jamie Vardy apparently turned down an offer to play in Saudi Arabia

Probably a good idea. I can't imagine Vardy and his Mrs surviving longer than about a week before causing some major international incident.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pau Torres to Villa. Absolutely huge signing that. For my money one of the very best CBs, and possibly the best passer of the ball.

Probably the best CB in my lifetime, other than Beresi.

Villa are serious title contenders next season with him.

Really surprised Real Madrid, Abu Dhabi or Bayern didn’t buy Tielemans. After Caicedo and MacA one of the best midfielders we’ve seen in Europe recent seasons.

Villa keep pulling these rabbits out of the hat. Much silverware will shirley follow.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Given how 'good' they were under Emery it's two bits of incredible business. If they sign a big name striker as well on paper their first team is intimidating to say the least. Next year is going to be lots of fun. Genuinely think Spurs might not make too ten.

They’ll have a full week’s prep and rest between each PL game, zero overseas travel, a huge PL advantage.

Chelsea and Spuds should thrive.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wolves have accepted a bid of £7.5m plus £1m in add-ons from Leicester for England defender Conor Coady, 30.

That'll be ENGLAND'S Conor Coady, with 10 x more England caps than Lewis Dunk to his name, playing Championship football next season.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

He's very good but the best in your lifetime? I don't sense sarcasm but that's some serious hyperbole. Fantastic passer of the ball and very composed but I could quickly name a better 10 or 20 centre backs from the past 30 years.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Really surprised Real Madrid, Abu Dhabi or Bayern didn’t buy Tielemans. After Caicedo and MacA one of the best midfielders we’ve seen in Europe recent seasons.

Villa keep pulling these rabbits out of the hat. Much silverware will shirley follow.
I can't really believe Villa are title contenders really.. Maybe top 4 contenders though.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Wolves have accepted a bid of £7.5m plus £1m in add-ons from Leicester for England defender Conor Coady, 30.

That'll be ENGLAND'S Conor Coady, with 10 x more England caps than Lewis Dunk to his name, playing Championship football next season.

They're desperate, with Evans and Faes at the back they'd likely still be shipping tons in the Championship.
Coady's career seems to have swan dived. Rejected by Wolves and Everton now.
Leicester seem terribly run, but their fans seem convinced they're going to walk the league with 100+ points.
I think they're in for a rude awakening.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
They're desperate, with Evans and Faes at the back they'd likely still be shipping tons in the Championship.
Coady's career seems to have swan dived. Rejected by Wolves and Everton now.
Leicester seem terribly run, but their fans seem convinced they're going to walk the league with 100+ points.
I think they're in for a rude awakening.
Agreed.

What were the positives for Leicester? Madddison (gone) Barnes (going).

Past performers? Tielemans (gone). Vardy (going/old), Ndidi (surely he won't stay)

Coady and Winks are good signings but where on earth will the goals come from. They will need a whole new attack.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Agreed.

Past performers? Tielemans (gone). Vardy (going/old), Ndidi (surely he won't stay)

Coady and Winks are good signings but where on earth will the goals come from. They will need a whole new attack.
Also a whole lot more out of contract next summer, won't get decent fees to reinvest.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Spurs issue last year was at the back

New Keeper and potentially 2 new CBs in, whilst Hojberg going should improve that

Doubt will be in top 4, but not in top 10?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Spurs issue last year was at the back

New Keeper and potentially 2 new CBs in, whilst Hojberg going should improve that

Doubt will be in top 4, but not in top 10?
You'll need a goalscorer. To go from having one of the best in the world to none will be a huge shock to the system.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You'll need a goalscorer. To go from having one of the best in the world to none will be a huge shock to the system.
Kane will have to be sold first

Son/Richi/Maddison/Kulu will all chip in enough to get top 10

I imagine if he does go they will bring someone else In as well

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kane will have to be sold first

Son/Richi/Maddison/Kulu will all chip in enough to get top 10

I imagine if he does go they will bring someone else In as well
If you look at Tottenham's Top 20 record signings I'd say the the jury is out on 4 of them: Romero, Maddison, Porro, Bissouma. Of the other 16 I'd say only Son and Kulusevski have been successful.

That's 14 mediocre signings (Ndombele, Richarlison, Davison Sanchez, Moussa Sissoko, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Soldado, Reguilon, Lamela, Moura, Sessegnon, Gil, Emerson Royal and Serge Aurier with a combined cost of £400mill). That's some poor recruitment by Levy.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Agreed.

Ian Nacho and Daka aren't much cop in the Premier League but I imagine they'll do alright in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here