No wonder this country is skint...................

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
"IS THE LABOUR PARTY TURNING BRITISH SOVEREIGNTY GAY?"

:lolol:

"WILL FACEBOOK TAX THE QUEEN?" I think we have a right to know. Does the Queen pay tax? The Queen pays tax on a voluntary basis from her private income, but not on "head of state expenditure". But she did not pay almost £20m of inheritance tax after the death of the Queen Mother.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
A banker, a Sun reader and an unemployed person are given a plate with 12 bars of chocolate on it. The banker eats 10 of the bars, puts one in his pocket, then says to the Sun reader: ' Look at the headline in your paper! It says that scrounger wants to eat your bar!' The Sun reader grabs the bar and sneers at the unemployed person, who storms off to beat up an asylum seeker. The banker gives the remaining bar to the Sun 'journalist' who wrote the story.
Attila the Stockbroker Songs | ReverbNation

A lot of bankers I know are very health conscious. It would probably be apples rather than chocolate.

D

Deleted member 22389

"WILL FACEBOOK TAX THE QUEEN?" I think we have a right to know. Does the Queen pay tax? The Queen pays tax on a voluntary basis from her private income, but not on "head of state expenditure". But she did not pay almost £20m of inheritance tax after the death of the Queen Mother.

I actually remember the issue around the inheritance tax, because at the same time my grandmother was in a nursing home. She had to sell her home, and the proceeds of that going to pay for her nursing care. That is not a fair society in my book.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I actually remember the issue around the inheritance tax, because at the same time my grandmother was in a nursing home. She had to sell her home, and the proceeds of that going to pay for her nursing care. That is not a fair society in my book.

Same with my grandad - had to sell his flat in Hove, just about paid for the nursing home. Don't think the Queen will have the same problem, however, has she ever looked happy since? Happiness is more important than wealth.

A banker, a Sun reader and an unemployed person are given a plate with 12 bars of chocolate on it. The banker eats 10 of the bars, puts one in his pocket, then says to the Sun reader: ' Look at the headline in your paper! It says that scrounger wants to eat your bar!' The Sun reader grabs the bar and sneers at the unemployed person, who storms off to beat up an asylum seeker. The banker gives the remaining bar to the Sun 'journalist' who wrote the story.
Attila the Stockbroker Songs | ReverbNation
All i know is the banker and the unemployed person are both fat and i have no chocolate:(

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
what I would do is make sure no household claiming benefits can transfer money overseas for 5 years.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
That's nothing, people on statoury sick pay, now they really take the piss! :moo:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
what I would do is make sure no household claiming benefits can transfer money overseas for 5 years.

I did give this some thought.

Reasonableness test - I came up with a few instances where I personally feel this is unjust, but I am not convinced I would necessarily persuade you of that.

Practicality - Not a chance is there.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Another reason the country is skint is because the coalition, self-admittedly, brought in too many austerity measures too hard and too fast.No-one has any money to put back into the economy.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Another reason the country is skint is because the coalition, self-admittedly, brought in too many austerity measures too hard and too fast.No-one has any money to put back into the economy.

We cant be sure ......

I am guessing we can always loosen austerity measures to try to promote growth if deemed necessary but we couldn't simply continue to keep spending and printing money in the hope that you and I might eventually go and buy a HD television

larus

All just a smokescreen to fool the Daily MAil readers like BUshy though, the reason we are skint is because we don't make billionaire corporations pay tax and the government, whatever party is in power, along with banks and other corporations are only intereseted in inflating their personal wealth and would happily see us starve to death rather than give up their claim on money owed to them by th epublic.

So true. The 'sheeple' need to wake up and realise that we are being screwed by the elite. The elite is politicians/business leaders. Why don't the Western Governments stamp out the use of tax havens (ban companies from trading in their country if they use them) and standardise the rates/rules for corporation tax? It's because the super-rich control the politicians. Also, on the other side; too many feel that they are owed a certain standard of living by the government/society.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Gosh - that sounds almost sensible comment.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
163375_10151274551283201_1665460260_n.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports