Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No wonder this country is skint...................

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Being in the building game myself I used to be bitter about the poles, I soon realized they weren't going away so I changed tactics and now employ them to make me a shed load of cash you have to adjust and move on.

I could do with a new shed, so may employ some too

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I've never , ever bought that argument or understood why people try to peddle it,sure , we had a colonial past, they couldn't wait to get rid of us and british rule, and in the main , once we went, the places generally went to ratshit, now they all want to come here and be under british rule again, tough shit i'd say, but not the powers that be, after all its only the people who benefitted least of all from our "colonial past " that will suffer.

I think it's more that we set ourselves up as the saviours of what we considered developing countries, took over territories, imposed our will upon them and generally forced people to concede we were the saviours of these "primitive natives". Then left. Whether you like it or not Bushy, there are people who still think Britain oews them and it doesn't take a genius to see why. I do however think there is not another country in the world that would show foreigners the leniancy we do.

All just a smokescreen to fool the Daily MAil readers like BUshy though, the reason we are skint is because we don't make billionaire corporations pay tax and the government, whatever party is in power, along with banks and other corporations are only intereseted in inflating their personal wealth and would happily see us starve to death rather than give up their claim on money owed to them by th epublic.

Last edited:

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Being in the building game myself I used to be bitter about the poles, I soon realized they weren't going away so I changed tactics and now employ them to make me a shed load of cash you have to adjust and move on.

I am also in the building game and agree with you completly, they do work hard and dont seem to be so obsessed with tea drinking as us brits.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

I am also in the building game and agree with you completly, they do work hard and dont seem to be so obsessed with tea drinking as us brits.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Where's that Daily Mail headline generator gone? Oh, ruddy typical - it's been shut down by gypsies and Guardian readers. This country! That's why I moved to Spain, great weather, good chip shops, fantastic economy. I pity everybody still left in that joke of a country, it's gone to the dogs, would the last person to leave the lights on please turn back the clock in the navy you can sail the seven seas. Get rid! Get rid! Stop passing it round the back! I'm feeling a bit dizzy, going to lie down now. Need sleep.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012

forget all those crappy adverts about business advice and internet banking, this is the pragmatic entrepreneur for the modern age!

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Where's that Daily Mail headline generator gone? Oh, ruddy typical - it's been shut down by gypsies and Guardian readers. This country! That's why I moved to Spain, great weather, good chip shops, fantastic economy. I pity everybody still left in that joke of a country, it's gone to the dogs, would the last person to leave the lights on please turn back the clock in the navy you can sail the seven seas. Get rid! Get rid! Stop passing it round the back! I'm feeling a bit dizzy, going to lie down now. Need sleep.

you want it you got it Daily Mail-o-matic | qwghlm.co.uk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The problem is not the payment of benefit...its how long benefits are paid. Thousands of people are employed in the public sector dealing with claims, claimants and payments and many are earning very good salaries. It is not in their interest to see this area shrink ( turkeys voting for Christmas ) and it makes sense that they will create as much work as possible. Therefore, the root core problem is not the claimants but the public sector workers with their own agenda. No one wants to see their own jobs diminish and disappear.
Back in the 90's a lot of young lawyers switched and trained in immigration law. Why. Because they could see the boom in work that lay ahead. A new young government were about to take power, rammed full of ex-lawyers. Were they going to look after their own. You bet they were! Open up the floodgates and start earning those big bucks.
Wherever there appears to be a sensitive and problem area that stirs up a lot of the populace, look at government and the public sector and ask yourself.....' why are they not addressing this issue? '......and then work out their agenda....and you will find the answer.
It ain't rocket science.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Guys, you can bat around any of your political persuasions until the cows come home.

Quite frankly the rich Western Countries havent got any money, there is an inevitable sucking in of poorer countries peoples to get their 'free money' from us or find work in a diminishing employment market, either way it has its consequences.

The usual crowd will celebrate the wonderful multiculturalism it brings and leave our borders unchecked, whilst the usual crowds will become increasingly resentful.

I suspect as usual the politicians will eventually catch up, they are always behind the curve and try and address the idiocy of it all.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
A banker, a Sun reader and an unemployed person are given a plate with 12 bars of chocolate on it. The banker eats 10 of the bars, puts one in his pocket, then says to the Sun reader: ' Look at the headline in your paper! It says that scrounger wants to eat your bar!' The Sun reader grabs the bar and sneers at the unemployed person, who storms off to beat up an asylum seeker. The banker gives the remaining bar to the Sun 'journalist' who wrote the story.
Attila the Stockbroker Songs | ReverbNation

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah, but you're a postie. You're just a bit mental.
We have no chance hijacking this into a discussion about wearing shorts in January.

Which is a shame as it would probably be more beneficial to NSC.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The problem is not the payment of benefit...its how long benefits are paid. Thousands of people are employed in the public sector dealing with claims, claimants and payments and many are earning very good salaries. It is not in their interest to see this area shrink ( turkeys voting for Christmas ) and it makes sense that they will create as much work as possible. Therefore, the root core problem is not the claimants but the public sector workers with their own agenda. No one wants to see their own jobs diminish and disappear.
Back in the 90's a lot of young lawyers switched and trained in immigration law. Why. Because they could see the boom in work that lay ahead. A new young government were about to take power, rammed full of ex-lawyers. Were they going to look after their own. You bet they were! Open up the floodgates and start earning those big bucks.
Wherever there appears to be a sensitive and problem area that stirs up a lot of the populace, look at government and the public sector and ask yourself.....' why are they not addressing this issue? '......and then work out their agenda....and you will find the answer.
It ain't rocket science.

Agreed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here