Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No politics

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Wondered how long it would take. "Only joined in March" the suggestion being I am some king of lesser being due to that. Well "Drew" i don't need an education, having served my country all over the world with the Army I think i've experienced enough of life to feel educated enough.This forum could be even better if (possibly) JCL's weren't derided as soon as they posted. But also some people who only joined the site recently are possibly just old gits who watched us in the 70's & 80's & aren't PC savvy?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Wondered how long it would take. "Only joined in March" the suggestion being I am some king of lesser being due to that. Well "Drew" i don't need an education, having served my country all over the world with the Army I think i've experienced enough of life to feel educated enough.This forum could be even better if (possibly) JCL's weren't derided as soon as they posted. But also some people who only joined the site recently are possibly just old gits who watched us in the 70's & 80's & aren't PC savvy?

The point he made is that having only joined in March you have missed many quality debates on here. Not that because you joined in March your opinions are not valid (there are some that seem to think in this way, but they are best ignored).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No offence meant. I was merely trying to suggest we stick to footballing matters on a football forum. But as it has been mentioned perhaps there is a reason central Brighton votes Green which totally contradicts the way the rest of Sussex votes? I do have a problem with the gay tag that other fans throw at us. Same as non jewish Tottenham fans may be offended by them name thrown at them I guess.

If you venture out of Brighton-say Burgess Hill,Littlehampton,even Eastbourne then according to some that live there 1 in every 3 people that live in Brighton is Gay-quite clearly this is not the case i would has as a guess that the figure could be 3,000 to 10,000 hardly 1 in 3 but the tag has been around for a long time and will continue-so how do you propose to stop it?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The point he made is that having only joined in March you have missed many quality debates on here. Not that because you joined in March your opinions are not valid (there are some that seem to think in this way, but they are best ignored).

Mass-may i add

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Btw did you not see a political debate coming as a result of your post?

School boy error.

:facepalm:

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
If you venture out of Brighton-say Burgess Hill,Littlehampton,even Eastbourne then according to some that live there 1 in every 3 people that live in Brighton is Gay-quite clearly this is not the case i would has as a guess that the figure could be 3,000 to 10,000 hardly 1 in 3 but the tag has been around for a long time and will continue-so how do you propose to stop it?

So 1 in 3 is in total contrast to 3,000 in 10,0000? Forgive my lack of education but isn't that almost the same? I know our team is called "Brighton" but surely if we want to be a big club we need to appeal to the whole of Sussex? I would humbly suggest a place like Hailsham where I live has more in common with a working class place like Dover than Brighton but that doesn't make me love our team any less.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
You still haven't answered the question why you think there is a connection between being gay and being left wing? Please explain.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So 1 in 3 is in total contrast to 3,000 in 10,0000? Forgive my lack of education but isn't that almost the same? I know our team is called "Brighton" but surely if we want to be a big club we need to appeal to the whole of Sussex? I would humbly suggest a place like Hailsham where I live has more in common with a working class place like Dover than Brighton but that doesn't make me love our team any less.

It says 3,000 to 10,000 not 3,000 in 10,000.

Does what happens on this board really effect the way people feel about Brighton, in my experience what happens on this board only effects the way people feel about this board.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You still haven't answered the question why you think there is a connection between being gay and being left wing? Please explain.

the Guardian sends subliminal 'Gay' messages into your brain just by being in the same room as it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

He means 3,000 - 10,000 in total, not 3,000 out of every 10,000.

:facepalm:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

no-that would be 1 in 33 almost-Brighton's(only not Hove, Shoreham etc) population is about 160,000-

Brighton has the tag-not the team-i appreciate that,but others don't-stick around just read if you must and when the season starts the subject will inevitably be more weighted to football matters.

Don't give up on NSC i read for years on and off...my only regret was why having registered in 2004/5 i did not use the account.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Sorry, having read back the post about the numerical ratio i realise I got it wrong. But it shouldn't matter if your tory / labour, gay / straight, male / female, or even ginger (well maybe not that last one!) Isn't it all about he support of a football team? I was just trying to suggest we stick to what we all have in common rather than arguing about our differences.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

i am in some way sympathetic as to the way this thread has been received although some criticism can be dismissed such as that from Twinkle Toes, who can always be counted on to wade in at the merest sniff of somebody not complying with the 'unquestioning homosexual acceptance' PC stance that Britain seems to have acquired. (Gay brother, perhaps?)
Other criticism concerns me more, particularly from Acker79 whose very first post I remember expressed similar reticent fears. I would advise you to keep posting and ignore the post counts; they are simply a reflection of quantity, not quality.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sorry, having read back the post about the numerical ratio i realise I got it wrong. But it shouldn't matter if your tory / labour, gay / straight, male / female, or even ginger (well maybe not that last one!) Isn't it all about he support of a football team? I was just trying to suggest we stick to what we all have in common rather than arguing about our differences.

hey you got it wrong-we all do-

check out my "SATE(should have been state) OF THE PITCH" fiasco of a post if it's still on page 1 for reference.

NSC is rough at times bit like the Northstand back in the day-but it's also a good forum-

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i am in some way sympathetic as to the way this thread has been received although some criticism can be dismissed such as that from Twinkle Toes, who can always be counted on to wade in at the merest sniff of somebody not complying with the 'unquestioning homosexual acceptance' PC stance that Britain seems to have acquired. (Gay brother, perhaps?)
Other criticism concerns me more, particularly from Acker79 whose very first post I remember expressed similar reticent fears. I would advise you to keep posting and ignore the post counts; they are simply a reflection of quantity, not quality.

As this is in inverted commas i assume it means something. Care to elaborate?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8

I can see where you're coming from even if your message isn't getting through to some, whether your message is muddled or they're being deliberately obtuse.

Thing is, the internets are like the NSC more or less, or the NSC is the internets in microcosm. Everyone is anonymous and can say shit they wouldn't say in The Real World. It's hard to set an agenda on what is basically an anarchic flow of information - I too would like to see more football on here than politics, but with such a broad church of opinion displayed here most 'debate' is in danger of degenerating into a political snowball fight.

I suggest a personal NSC Shit Filter. Sift the various threads, separate the football wheat from the political chaffe and you're good to go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here