Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No P&R for Newport game

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's also very disappointing that at a club where subtle changes to Articles of Association were made that jeopardised the very club itself, it is considered ok to just tinker with a Club Charter in such a way.

This

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That.

It's not what they've done, it's how they've done it and the blase way in which they are going to change the Club Charter which not only worries me but makes me bloody angry.

It's been changed already.

There's no version history, no change log and no announcement about the change. It all feels a little bit underhand.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No point at all. It's utterly futile if they can just change it as and when it suits them.

Agreed. If it's not illegal to change a charter like that on a whim then it should be. Utter waste of time otherwise. Sorry, hotchillidog (and others), more criticism of the club!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Strange isn't it - the club break the contract they have with fans who have paid for the travel surcharge and all they do change the contract. The manager allegedly breaks the contract he has with the club and they get rid of him. Maybe the club should get rid of someone else ?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It's been changed already.

There's no version history, no change log and no announcement about the change. It all feels a little bit underhand.

That is disgraceful since my post no: 63 on this thread which I cut and pasted from the charter they have added the words may be included.
So they have got around the Charter, how will they get around the planning requirement, for the transport

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder what the new, post-Charter Alteration figure (attendance and/or matchday ticket revenue) is for actually including the travel on the ticket.

For a league match it is still there (hopefully!), so that is 24,000-30,000 at normal prices.

The club are estimating 8,000-10,000 for Newport at reduced prices, and that ain't good enough. So when will they start leaving the travel cost off?

I actually think the crowd for Newport might be a lot bigger than that at those prices, especially as it is the first competitive home game.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
That is disgraceful since my post no: 63 on this thread which I cut and pasted from the charter they have added the words may be included.
So they have got around the Charter, how will they get around the planning requirement, for the transport

If you were so inclined you could contact Brighton & Hove Council planning department and ask. I've always found them very helpful.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Get a bloody grip! Is this really about having to pay for your own travel or is it yet ANOTHER chance to have a moan about certain people at the club? The club made a £8m LOSS and needs to make that up. Would you all rather it came out of the playing budget?

It was only 12months ago that people were moaning about having the cost of travel added to the ticket.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Posted on the Newport County messageboard a couple of weeks ago :

"Away fans' tickets also allow free travel on the bus and rail network in the Brighton area. If you are travelling by train, you won't need to buy a train ticket beyond Haywards Heath. The match ticket will get you to and from Falmer (the station adjacent to the Amex Stadium) from Haywards Heath (via either Brighton or Lewes). Match tickets also allow free travel on park & ride buses from one of the three sites in Brighton. The easiest to reach is the Mill Road site, close to the junction of the A23 and A27."

Someone had better let them know.

Tried to register myself a week or so back on the-exiles.co.uk, but they still haven't granted me a login.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you were so inclined you could contact Brighton & Hove Council planning department and ask. I've always found them very helpful.

I think we need to be sensible here. Questionning, sensibly, what services the club offers to supporters and how they offer them is entirely jusifiable.

Trying to stir up problems for our own club with a third party or regulatory body is going a bit far, I think.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I think we need to be sensible here. Questionning, sensibly, what services the club offers to supporters and how they offer them is entirely jusifiable.

Trying to stir up problems for our own club with a third party or regulatory body is going a bit far, I think.

Isn't that how this thread started ? Regardless, I ( and others clearly ) thought that the planning permission enforced a travel plan on every competitive game and that's why people had to contribute to it - I'm genuinely interested how the club are getting round the condition - surely that means they could do it for other competitive matches ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Posted on the Newport County messageboard a couple of weeks ago :

"Away fans' tickets also allow free travel on the bus and rail network in the Brighton area. If you are travelling by train, you won't need to buy a train ticket beyond Haywards Heath. The match ticket will get you to and from Falmer (the station adjacent to the Amex Stadium) from Haywards Heath (via either Brighton or Lewes). Match tickets also allow free travel on park & ride buses from one of the three sites in Brighton. The easiest to reach is the Mill Road site, close to the junction of the A23 and A27."

Someone had better let them know.

Tried to register myself a week or so back on the-exiles.co.uk, but they still haven't granted me a login.

More specifically, the Albion should be changing this page...

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/away-fans-travel-239471.aspx

...as Park and Ride is not always offered to away fans any longer.

They also need to change the home fans' travel page too: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/home-fans-travel-239441.aspx - as transport may not be included in 'your match ticket package' any more.

And as for this page - http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/subsidised-travel-408583.aspx...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Isn't that how this thread started ? Regardless, I ( and others clearly ) thought that the planning permission enforced a travel plan on every competitive game and that's why people had to contribute to it - I'm genuinely interested how the club are getting round the condition - surely that means they could do it for other competitive matches ?

This is the main issue here. If it's that easy to change the charter (took about 20 minutes this morning) then why should any of the other 10 pages of small print within it mean anything either? It's worthless surely?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Get a bloody grip! Is this really about having to pay for your own travel or is it yet ANOTHER chance to have a moan about certain people at the club? The club made a £8m LOSS and needs to make that up. Would you all rather it came out of the playing budget?

It was only 12months ago that people were moaning about having the cost of travel added to the ticket.
I think you have missed the point here.
It is where people park and how to get there from the parking place (Race Course for example) or like myself how do I get there with no bus routes from Woodingdean.
Obviuosly I could get buses all round Brighton to get there but rather does put me off going somewhat.
If the tickets had been £5 more it would not have been a problem to me, to cover the costs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here