Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No P&R for Newport game

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Get a bloody grip! Is this really about having to pay for your own travel or is it yet ANOTHER chance to have a moan about certain people at the club? The club made a £8m LOSS and needs to make that up. Would you all rather it came out of the playing budget?

It was only 12months ago that people were moaning about having the cost of travel added to the ticket.

We're not discussing that at all.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
5.0 Consultation

Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club regularly consults with its supporters through liaison
meetings and through meetings with representatives of fans organisations.

The Club publishes its position on major policy issues in the Club programme and on its
website at www.seagulls.co.uk.

The Club continues to consult with Brighton and Hove City Council, sponsors, local
community organisations and other interested parties.

In the event of any proposed changes to Club policy, early notice of the proposed changes
will be published to enable those with concerns to express their views before a final decision
to change policy is made.

Mmmm.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Isn't that how this thread started ? Regardless, I ( and others clearly ) thought that the planning permission enforced a travel plan on every competitive game and that's why people had to contribute to it - I'm genuinely interested how the club are getting round the condition - surely that means they could do it for other competitive matches ?

I think this is a very important point. If the club were to be relegated and crowds dropped to half that now, is there a number that the club can just stop park and ride?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
So can you park on the University of Sussex campus? Seems to me like this'll be available?

Spoke to the club this morning.

Was informed that the 2 friendlies and the Newport game are included in the Parking Season Ticket pack.
I guess these will be the "Extra Match" tickets.
I still expect there will be confusion at the Uni car park on the match days.......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Get a bloody grip! Is this really about having to pay for your own travel or is it yet ANOTHER chance to have a moan about certain people at the club? The club made a £8m LOSS and needs to make that up. Would you all rather it came out of the playing budget?

It was only 12months ago that people were moaning about having the cost of travel added to the ticket.

To be fair, if they weren't paid such a large amount of money there wouldn't be an £8m loss. But that's for another thread..

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
get a bloody grip! Is this really about having to pay for your own travel or is it yet another chance to have a moan about certain people at the club? The club made a £8m loss and needs to make that up. Would you all rather it came out of the playing budget?

* whooooosh! *

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Spoke to the club this morning.

Was informed that the 2 friendlies and the Newport game are included in the Parking Season Ticket pack.
I guess these will be the "Extra Match" tickets.
I still expect there will be confusion at the Uni car park on the match days.......

Ok so that means that if you don't normally park there you can't I'm guessing? Not an issue for me, just thinking of how my Dad will get over.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside have the parking season ticket packs been sent out yet?

tumblr_mcml6qTRx71rxevt4o1_400.jpg

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Ok so that means that if you don't normally park there you can't I'm guessing? Not an issue for me, just thinking of how my Dad will get over.

You can buy a one off voucher for a game in the Bridge car park. 10 min walk?
I think this will be £14 with the booking fee.
Call customer services on 0845 873 0251.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

So thats good thinking then, there will be no park and ride, but the season tickets for parking still counts. So the people who have these tickets don't come to the game and their parking spots go empty, but the ones who use park and ride won't come either because they have no where to park? That sounds well thought out to me.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Since they've changed the club charter since I bought a ticket, can I claim a refund?

Under contract law - probably. They sold you a ticket that the web site ( via the charter ) clearly indicated included travel. The club have three choices of remedy :

1. Give you the product you purchased in full ( i.e. with travel included )
2. Compensate you for your loss due to them breaking the contract - such as paying you any costs you incur by paying for your own travel
3. Refund what you paid for the ticket

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Trains are going to be pretty fun then, considering Southern are unable to stick anymore than about 4 coaches on most trains as most coaches are operating rush-hour services.

Poor idea, the club will have to put something in place or it will be CHAOS. Would assume Brighton and Hove Buses would add extra services though.......for those who pay for bus tickets of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here