Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Niki Mäenpää signs a 2 year deal

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Should go in for Foderingham as Swindon have failed to gain promotion and he is out of contract I believe. Worth a punt?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was told, by someone at the club, that we had no interest in him and the stuff in the press had just come from his agent.

I know of one agent who bigs up his own players and puts it about that lots of clubs are interested without specifying the other clubs. It does mean the player is keen to move, but does not mean he is any good.

In the two players followed, both went to bigger clubs than the Albion and their transfer value rose. Whether this would happen if they went to a Championship side is different.

I think that when this happens normally the player is over-rated and I'd sooner not hear about it. Some of the players are rejects. The other club wants rid as well. Not always, but more likely than not?

What else would you expect from an agent?

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
As posted the last time we were allegedly looking at him:

Niki-M%C3%A4enp%C3%A4%C3%A4-Sexy-Body-Burbujas-De-Deseo-03.jpg

7273-e9614a6d1b0f472b54cc141c6d3821b1.jpg

:drool:

...do we really want to be signing a 30 year old 'keeper ffs ! ?

Don't see any reason why not............:whistle::blush:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not that. We've always been quite conservative when it comes to wages. Notts Forest i meant. Sorry for not making that clearer.

Forest, County, Green Rovers, it makes no difference they are all powerhouses compared to us :dunce: :down:

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Forest, County, Green Rovers, it makes no difference they are all powerhouses compared to us :dunce: :down:

Can i ask. Why have you put a dunce smiley there? As in regard to what you've put too. Correct me if i'm wrong but " it makes no difference they are all powerhouses compared to us" comes across as you being sarcastic.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Should go in for Foderingham as Swindon have failed to gain promotion and he is out of contract I believe. Worth a punt?

According to the papers both Forest and Reading are interested in him. Also as both have lost their first choices from last year, you would presume they would be more likely to offer regular first team football.

TBH I think Brighton are in a tricky situation. Stockdale you would presume will be the regular again and though Walton would/ will be out on loan, when he returns he'll be expected to fight for the GK's jersey. Too much competition for a place will put top quality players off, so what we should really be looking for is someone who can come in for a year or two, be happy being on the bench and be a solid back up when needed. Someone like Mark Bunn or Márton Fülöp could do that and will also allow a space for Harry Doherty to step up and fulfill in a few years if he meets the grade.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was told, by someone at the club, that we had no interest in him and the stuff in the press had just come from his agent.

I suggested back in post 45 that his agent might be exaggerating interest in him, since his deal is coming to an end and he wants to get the best deal for his client.

However, over the past couple of seasons I've come to eye everything that comes out of the club, especially through unofficial sources, with a very cynical eye. In this circumstance, part of me is wondering if they see him as now out of their reach and in an attempt to stave off criticism/negative fan reaction (new season ticket sales to think about) they don't want people thinking we're continuing to miss our targets so are denying interest. Especially given the effect it could have on Stockdale to feel like the club aren't happy with him and are looking to find someone to unseat him and him retaining the number one shirt (figuratively speaking) is because they can't get someone in, not because they value him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been a severe critic of DS but believe we should put our faith in him as No 1 and find a cheap cover like Andy Lonnergan or Lee Camp type to come in as No 2 and allow Walton to go on a season loan. With CA staying as cover for the cover. Not openly sign a keeper to compete with DS unless an expererienced keeper like Frieddel, Harper or Given becomes
available. I wouldnt do as Bournemouth have done sign Boruc and Fredericci for the No 1 spot, having already spent £1m getting DS.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can i ask. Why have you put a dunce smiley there? As in regard to what you've put too. Correct me if i'm wrong but " it makes no difference they are all powerhouses compared to us" comes across as you being sarcastic.
'comes across as you being sarcastic' sarcastic and worn down by the negativity of NSC.
I'm 'enjoying' a summer of if you can't beat them, join them, the dunce just slipped out as it feels like there are plenty on here who firmly believe Forest Green Rovers will beat the club to it's #1 target, this summer. :dunce:'s.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
'comes across as you being sarcastic' sarcastic and worn down by the negativity of NSC.
I'm 'enjoying' a summer of if you can't beat them, join them, the dunce just slipped out as it feels like there are plenty on here who firmly believe Forest Green Rovers will beat the club to it's #1 target, this summer. :dunce:'s.

Ah righty. Got ya.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here