Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Niki Mäenpää signs a 2 year deal

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We'd be better off keeping what we've got.
Rather tend to agree with this. Our goal-keeping situation is OK - we've got far more pressing problems to sort out in other positions!

Only way it would make sense, I suppose, is if there are plans to send Walton out for a season long loan (or possibly for a third keeper if Casper has turned his offer down).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG has an unhealthy obsession with selling Walton...

Given the choice I would sell DS but as I see it I believe Walton is our most valuable asset and that a club like Arsenal would pay good money for him and if he was first choice here loan him back like Newcastle did with Darley at Forest. Or they would loan him out to another club to get game time as it is no good to anybody him sitting on the bench either here or at another club. he needs to be playing.

If we signed the goalkeeper being mentioned it would make no sense as it stands as he wont come here to be no 3 even if CA doesnt sign a new contract. but if Walton was sold or sent out on loan he might come as no 2.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Are we sure we are actually still talking to him? He could just be using our previous interest to help him in contract negotiations, or while angling for a move.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
If someone came in for Walton offering big money I would be more inclined to sell Stockdale and make Walton no 1 and build the team as he got more games. Baring a massive amount of luck I can't see CH building a top 6 team in 1 close season and Walton could have a long career infront of him all he needs is games to improve. Other clubs take a chance on their young talent Albion seem to be a bit slow in this. Sending Walton out on loan means getting in a goalie who could be worse than what we've got and may cost us more money. Walton has got talent or he won't be with the England setup.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I remember 0ne or two premiership clubs looking at Walton last summer (Arsenal ).Walton may want to be back up for a premiership ,than back up for us.I can see him wanting more chance of first team football with us ,for him to happy staying with us.Therefore a large enough fee could be tempting for the club.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Walton is being paraded by some as hes some sort of rock solid Championship keeper, he has made a couple of appearances. I would imagine Walton will be out on loan next season and Stockdale needs some decent competition.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Stockdale & Maenpaa battling for the first choice spot, and Walton out on loan for the season would be the sensible option. But when are we ever sensible...

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I thought goalie was the 1 position we had sorted for nexxt season. It can only mean either Stockdale or Walton are moving on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As posted the last time we were allegedly looking at him:

Niki-M%C3%A4enp%C3%A4%C3%A4-Sexy-Body-Burbujas-De-Deseo-03.jpg

7273-e9614a6d1b0f472b54cc141c6d3821b1.jpg

:drool:

So you've moved your seat for next season to behind the goal...... :love:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Looks like our transfer disappointments are starting early this year as the Argus implies he's likely to go elsewhere.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
And what about Casper then who just signed a new deal..... Do we need four keepers on the books.

Walton- out on loan so his wages won't be 'on the books' as such. Casper number 3 as he has been this season...with Stockdale and A.N Other competing to be number 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here