Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Niki Mäenpää signs a 2 year deal

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I have been a severe critic of DS but believe we should put our faith in him as No 1 and find a cheap cover like Andy Lonnergan or Lee Camp type to come in as No 2 and allow Walton to go on a season loan. With CA staying as cover for the cover. Not openly sign a keeper to compete with DS unless an expererienced keeper like Frieddel, Harper or Given becomes
available. I wouldnt do as Bournemouth have done sign Boruc and Fredericci for the No 1 spot, having already spent £1m getting DS.

Harper has been released and is available. Bit old but knows the set up and was playing in the Prem this season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Harper has been released and is available. Bit old but knows the set up and was playing in the Prem this season.

I didn't like him when he came to us on loan, and was very negative on tv, when we played Newcastle in the cup. He was quite put out that we won.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Knows the set-up?, it has been a few seasons since he played a few games at the Amex on loan, and the majority of the personnel have changed since then. Too old for me, we should be looking at someone younger, with more football left in him.

I think we do need someone good enough to push Stockdale for the keeper's jersey, but feel we can do better than Harper.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Knows the set-up?, it has been a few seasons since he played a few games at the Amex on loan, and the majority of the personnel have changed since then. Too old for me, we should be looking at someone younger, with more football left in him.

I think we do need someone good enough to push Stockdale for the keeper's jersey, but feel we can do better than Harper.

I would like somebody a little younger probably 34 /35 ish but experienced as cover but not to push DS for the No 1 jersey. I feel that having paid good money for him we should back him fully or sell him. Although only 31 I think Lee Camp could fit the bill now that Bournemouth have signed 2 keepers.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If as we expect Walton is to return from loan and challenge for the number one role then what we need is a one year stop gap who wouldn't ask for astronomical wages. Given that Harper wouldn't be a bad a acquisition, plenty of others around who could also fulfill that role such as Mark Bunn, Márton Fülöp or Ali Al-Habsi who are also available on free's.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Didnt I read Mark Bunn has joined some team recently. Al Habsi would push DS for the jersey.

Nope, nothing currently in place for Bunn at the moment. Don't think Stockdale being pushed is necessary a bad thing, as competition can spur on a player to perform better.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would like somebody a little younger probably 34 /35 ish but experienced as cover but not to push DS for the No 1 jersey. I feel that having paid good money for him we should back him fully or sell him. Although only 31 I think Lee Camp could fit the bill now that Bournemouth have signed 2 keepers.

Camp is a far better suggestion than Lonnergan. The latter is very poor. Gifted us the win last season, when Bogdan got injured. Was dreadful.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why do we need an unknown 30 yr old keeper with no experience of the FL why not go for an older but experienced Andy Lonnergan as back up to Stockdale.

LoNergan is a terrible keeper. You really are absolutely clueless.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Me, and 7 other clubs consider him an adequate cover and he also played 10 times for England at the same level as Walton is, so cant be that bad.as a cover for DS.

Actually he's only ever had three permanent clubs, Preston, Leeds and Bolton. Thanks to the injury to Bogdan not only were we treated to his comedy goalkeeping first hand but he also took over as main first choice. Bolton conceded 67 goals last season, more than relegated Wigan. And he's 32, meaning he last played international football well over 10 years ago.

:facepalm:

L

litmanen

Estonia just took the lead in a friendly game against Finland, and the goal was a big howler from Mäenpää.
So maybe it's better to let Nottingham have him.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lonergan makes Ankergren look like Neuer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here