Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Clough sacked at Derby

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The team talk from Davis was most obvious. You cant match them for skill and if you try will get beat so stop them at all costs and in any way that you have to.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
we've built an entire team over the last 2 seasons that cost us roughly the same as Leicester paid for Matt Mills!

we got Lansbury for 1million (Which is looking fantastic business). the only transfer i think we've paid over the odds was in getting Wilson back from Celtic.

we've sold Gunter for almost 3million not so long back, and sold Guedioura to Palace for a 1.5million profit.

We've sold TV rights to The Middle East with Al Jazeera, who knows how much revenue that is bringing in?

However i have to agree if we had gone and spent 4milion on Bakary Sako,that would of been bonkers, and there is no way we could of adhered to the FFP rules.
I'm glad that deals fallen through, the only way to revive it would be to offer them a multitude of our misfiring strikers and much less cash. (Ishmael Miller,Dexter Blackstock, Marcus Tudgay, Matt Derbyshire) etc

I would take any of those misfiring strikers of yours over what we currently have available

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt want any of those 4 strikers, not one decent one amongst them, and it is most obvious seeing the list why Forest are paying high wages for the strikers they have signed to replace them.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
we've built an entire team over the last 2 seasons that cost us roughly the same as Leicester paid for Matt Mills!

we got Lansbury for 1million (Which is looking fantastic business). the only transfer i think we've paid over the odds was in getting Wilson back from Celtic.

we've sold Gunter for almost 3million not so long back, and sold Guedioura to Palace for a 1.5million profit.

We've sold TV rights to The Middle East with Al Jazeera, who knows how much revenue that is bringing in?

However i have to agree if we had gone and spent 4milion on Bakary Sako,that would of been bonkers, and there is no way we could of adhered to the FFP rules.
I'm glad that deals fallen through, the only way to revive it would be to offer them a multitude of our misfiring strikers and much less cash. (Ishmael Miller,Dexter Blackstock, Marcus Tudgay, Matt Derbyshire) etc

That's interesting actually as I think it's been seen as a given that Forest have spent way too much this season. Have you got a breakdown of income transfer wise over the last year (ins and outs), just so we can get an idea? Or point me in the direction where this has already been discussed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here