Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Clough sacked at Derby

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Can't see Sheffield United and NC together,but what if he was manager at The Meadow and took them up and Billy did not take Forest up,that could be interesting.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Surely they're going to have to start improving the squad beyond promising youth players & average SPL recruits if any manager is going to have a chance of taking them to the next level? (As commendable as the focus on youth has been, in recent years)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Shame I like Nigel Clough. Thought his team was advancing a little bit each year and continued that this season. Impatient owners again.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They can hardly expect to be challenging in the Championship then, can they?

Maybe, maybe not.

Transfer fees don't take in to account signing on fees, wages and what-have-you. It is easy to become obsessed by transfer fees, but they can be dwarfed by the money invested in a player. We've picked up some expensive players on a free contract - Bruno, Tomasz, Bridcutt, Upson and so on.

D

Deleted member 18477

I think he's done a fairly good job at derby... but i don't know everything thats gone on at derby and what budgets hes had to work with...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
is it 1973 again??? Manchester United are shit and Clough as been sacked by Derby.

And England v Poland in a crucial World Cup qualifier soon...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Darby are a club that consistently make mid table, and the manager isn't the thing restricting them progressing. Shocking sacking if I'm honest.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a sad story. Clough sacked at Derby after 4 and a half years. Forest fans will love this, another kick in the teeth for Derby. They'll always wonder what Clough might have done with the £7m or £8m from selling Will Hughes.

The bottom line is they've got no money until they sell Hughes.

just-a-person

Nov 11, 2011
I think he's done a fairly good job at derby... but i don't know everything thats gone on at derby and what budgets hes had to work with...

Clough has done a blinding job and the majority of Derby fans are disgusted with his sacking. It's been a sad day all round. The board are to blame and the Yanks who own them. You would not find anyone more dedicated to Derby than Nigel, the lowest paid and longest serving manager in the championship. History repeating itself again with the Clough family. It's the board who needed sacking. The budget he has had to work with has been next to nothing and reduced each year.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you appoint a Clough at Derby you don't sack him now, for this.

just-a-person

Nov 11, 2011
This is a sad story. Clough sacked at Derby after 4 and a half years. Forest fans will love this, another kick in the teeth for Derby. They'll always wonder what Clough might have done with the £7m or £8m from selling Will Hughes.

The bottom line is they've got no money until they sell Hughes.[/QU

If we are to believe the financial results from last year then the owners put in 5 million last year of their money to cover the money we lost. This gas been going on for years. Now we can say that running the club is costing too much money but how can they not be investing when they are covering out losses ear after year?

just-a-person

Nov 11, 2011

The bottom line is they've got no money until they sell Hughes.[/QU

If we are to believe the financial results from last year then the owners put in 5 million last year of their money to cover the money we lost. This gas been going on for years. Now we can say that running the club is costing too much money but how can they not be investing when they are covering out losses ear after year?

He wouldn't have been given the money from Hughes that would have lined the Yanks pockets. As for the red dogs just get 3 points next weekend from them, they got lucky for today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here