Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins to be offered the job

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
My hopes are higher than survival in the Championship.

We are not going to be able to attract a high profile manager unless we are in the Championship MINIMUM.

For me Adkins would be a good appointment as he has a track record of taking a side out of this league at the right end and is doing well in the Championship considering the budget he has.

If he can bring Crosby down that would also benefit us, he could sort our leaky defence out.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I'm liking the Andy Crosby link...
players_2449.jpg

he needs an experienced no.2 such as...
Nobby%20Stiles.01.jpg

and an international coach...maybe...
Nash_Martin2007www.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If the reports that Adkins is willing to drop a division are true, I'd be happy with him Crosby and Taylor.

Adkins, Crosby and Taylor sounds like a prog rock group.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
i dont see why we need a manager with a proven track record. It may be stating the obvious but what we need is a manager who can make us win, whether he has ever done so in the past is irrelevant if he has the potential.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Theres no mention in that article that the Scunthorpe board are allowing him to speak to us.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
An excellent appointment and a great choice.

Atkins is a thinker and a tactician, speaks a lot of sense and very honest, very similar to Slade for me.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
i dont see why we need a manager with a proven track record. It may be stating the obvious but what we need is a manager who can make us win, whether he has ever done so in the past is irrelevant if he has the potential.

See your point,But,
How do you know he has the potential If he hasn't done anything?
Because somebody should have the potential.Does not mean he has.:shrug:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Cannot see why people are saying we need manager with experience to get out of this league. Roberto Di Matteo was doing alright at MK Dons in his first job and is doing brilliantly at West Brom. It is what you may have learned from playing under good managers that count and being able to replecate that in your first job. Therefore OGS and Poyet could do the job and have better contacts in the game than many of the others.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not happy with this. At the end of the day he's a physio who got the caretakers job and got lucky. I won't deny him what he's achieved, because he bloke has done very well, but I am concerned that it was at time and a place thing. I just can't see it happening at another club...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here