[Albion] Nicolás González

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I believe our strategy is to have a pool of players that we are interested in and have scouted. That way you can move on quickly if one of your targets goes elsewhere.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
For me I feel like this would have been a good signing but not one to be that bothered about missing out on. £25-30m is lots of money for us. For that amount there's other options out there, who'd probably be equally or more effective for us. & given he spent a lot of time injured last season we cant risk signing another Izzy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He is clearly a good player but doesn't want to play for us. At least the situation didn't drag on like it did with Janssen and Nunez. However, the fact we didn't sign him puts Welbeck in a stronger position, and it is disappointing to see he hasn't acepted our contract offer yet. Strikers appear to be a breed apart.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He is clearly a good player but doesn't want to play for us. At least the situation didn't drag on like it did with Janssen and Nunez. However, the fact we didn't sign him puts Welbeck in a stronger position, and it is disappointing to see he hasn't acepted our contract offer yet. Strikers appear to be a breed apart.

The guy is currently with his national squad, so any transfer business is in the hands of his agent.

Don't be surprised if this ain't over yet. We had an offer accepted and now Fiorentina have either matched that offer or upped it.

The fact that this all being played out in the press stinks of Stuttgart or his agent trying to create a bidding war.

Now both us and Spurs have publically stated we will not be increasingly our bid, we have put a stop to that shenanigans, Now the player must decide where he wants to play.

I don't expect that to happen until he has finished in Brazil.

Last edited:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
The guy is currently with his national squad, so any transfer business is in the hands of his agent.

Don't be surprised if this ain't over yet. We had an offer accepted and now Fiorentina have either matched that offer or upped it.

The fact that this all being played out in the press stinks of Stuttgart or his agent trying to create a bidding war.

Now both us and Spurs have publically stated we will not be increasingly our bid, we have put a stop to that shenanigans, Now the player must decide where he wants to play.

I don't expect that to happen until he has finished in Brazil.

Or the deal’s done, but he isn’t there to sign it, so it won’t be announced until after the Copa America (more likely imo)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Following in the footsteps of Batistuta, Baggio and Rui Costa at a storied club in one of Europe's most beautiful cities. He'll live to regret that, I'm sure.

Doubt it. Footballers get taxed 10% there not 50%.

He will be loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I think you missed my sarcasm :)

Not sure about the 10% though. When I worked in Italy, I certainly got taxed more than that on my paltry salary.
For the last few years Italy has had a special 'impatriate' tax regime - not just for footballers. They keep changing the rules, but now I believe it's that incomers are only taxed on 30% of their income for the first 5 years (making 10% tax not too far off the mark).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Following in the footsteps of Batistuta, Baggio and Rui Costa at a storied club in one of Europe's most beautiful cities. He'll live to regret that, I'm sure.

Italy-Florence-Skyline-City-from-Piazzale-Michelangiolo-1440x954.jpg

Shitehole

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Unlikely. Florentina are still a much bigger club than us.

They haven’t even got a manager yet have they. He missed a trick not playing for our manager. As well as playing in the best league in the world we would have probably improved him as a player too. As I say his loss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports