Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
They haven’t even got a manager yet have they. He missed a trick not playing for our manager. As well as playing in the best league in the world we would have probably improved him as a player too. As I say his loss.

Nor have Spurs. Still a bigger club than us. We haven’t improved any of the other strikers we’ve had at our disposal over the last few years.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Nor have Spurs. Still a bigger club than us. We haven’t improved any of the other strikers we’ve had at our disposal over the last few years.

They haven’t got Graham Potter though and we’re a club on the up.

Terrible decision from Gonzalez. Like Nunez, I hope he enjoys the scenery.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Two South American footballers, probably with hugely complicated ownership profiles, who end up at bigger Latin/Portuguese facing clubs. Not sure the players have the final say at all.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I'm a Brighton fan and would choose Fiorentina over us. Take off the blue and white specs and smell the espresso.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And have you seen the state of the food, culture and women?
Filth
pappardelle-karen-neoh-flikr.jpg

Filthier
Tuscany_Florence_Dome_Santa_Maria_del_Fiore_Details_GL02.jpg

Filthiest
close-up-beautiful-tourist-girl-1944994.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll hazard a guess we might have had more chance landing this signing had we not spent all of last season in the bottom 6.

If everything goes as hoped/expected it'll be interesting to see the calibre of signing in 12 months.time.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'll hazard a guess we might have had more chance landing this signing had we not spent all of last season in the bottom 6.

If everything goes as hoped/expected it'll be interesting to see the calibre of signing in 12 months.time.
Danny Welbeck part 3, signs for another year dispute stiff competition from err someone :shrug:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Florence or graffiti filth covered Brighton

Tough choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Is Welbeck a worse player than when he joined us ?
Murray had his 2 best seasons in the premier league under us.
And Connolly has had his moments obviously and stalled last season but he's a regular international, top flight striker. He joined us at 16. Did we not help his development / improvement ?
Trossard is also arguably a better player than when he joined and now a regular Belgian international.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would like to see the Brighton version of these 3 pics......good or bad i bet some of you can post some real humdingers :smile:
I would be but I'm still in the doghouse for saying "football aside Southampton is better than Brighton",.

Anyway [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] has already nailed it.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Is Welbeck a worse player than when he joined us ?
Murray had his 2 best seasons in the premier league under us.
And Connolly has had his moments obviously and stalled last season but he's a regular international, top flight striker. He joined us at 16. Did we not help his development / improvement ?
Trossard is also arguably a better player than when he joined and now a regular Belgian international.

Welbeck was an England player before he got to us. Can’t say he’s got much better. He looked sharper though once he got more minutes under his belt but not sure his game improved. Murray was mainly pre-Potter who phased Murray out so difficult to consider GP had much to do with him (and Murray’s best season probably came just before his horrendous knee injury - not that he wasn’t fabulous for us second time round). Connolly hasn’t improved at all since he broke into the team which is a real disappointment. Trossard isn’t a striker - and again can’t say I’ve seen a huge amount of improvement. We haven’t improved Maupay who is the main striker GP has worked with the last couple of years.

We are absolutely fabulous with defensive minded players though. Look at Dunk, White, Webster, Bissouma for starters and Ben Roberts has done an unbelievable job with our keepers. Makes our failure with our forward looking players even more disappointing IMO.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here