Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Welbeck was an England player before he got to us. Can’t say he’s got much better. He looked sharper though once he got more minutes under his belt but not sure his game improved. Murray was mainly pre-Potter who phased Murray out so difficult to consider GP had much to do with him (and Murray’s best season probably came just before his horrendous knee injury - not that he wasn’t fabulous for us second time round). Connolly hasn’t improved at all since he broke into the team which is a real disappointment. Trossard isn’t a striker - and again can’t say I’ve seen a huge amount of improvement. We haven’t improved Maupay who is the main striker GP has worked with the last couple of years.

Welbeck wasn't an England player when we signed him. He's had his best season for 5 years under Potter. - by any yardstick.
Murray was pre-Potter but then you didn't say this was developing strikers in the last 2 years only. and you'd be a very tough crowd indeed to dismiss idea that Murray had probably his 3 best years of his career with us under Hughton.
Connolly went from a 16 year old apprentice to a premier league striker under Potter . Fine. He's had a bumpy year . Who doesn't but not many other players have that sort of development . Bissouma didn't develop with us in a straight line either. Nor did Lewis Dunk or Adam Webster.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Random tidbit. Couldn’t find a better place to post this.

On Instagram, Gonzalez posted a photo of him joining Fiorentina and our own Alexis MacAllister responded with puking emojis. Obviously banter, but nice to see he’s annoyed he didn’t join us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Random tidbit. Couldn’t find a better place to post this.

On Instagram, Gonzalez posted a photo of him joining Fiorentina and our own Alexis MacAllister responded with puking emojis. Obviously banter, but nice to see he’s annoyed he didn’t join us.

825B47CB-2920-46B2-8AFD-02B00F2CC020.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He seems to be lacking in emotional intelligence here:-

[tweet]1440413950856732674[/tweet]

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Fiorentina are playing some great stuff this season. Expect them to be up there as long as Gonzalez doesn't spend too much time suspended

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Very funny.

Asked for a yellow for the opposite player so booked.

Claps the ref so gets given a second yellow.

Continues to applaud the ref.

Bonkers.

I expect he'll probably get a longer ban too after the long drawn out continuation of the clapping after the red. Absolutely looney bin second yellow there.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He seems to be lacking in emotional intelligence here:-

[tweet]1440413950856732674[/tweet]

He is right, a crazy booking in the first place after being fouled...

I like his passion, nowt wrong with that in my book. I would take a few games banned for a player who has passion and commitment, but most importantly delivers on the pitch.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Asking for a card for a bookable offence - ref gives him a yellow card without asking lino if he saw anything.
Sarcastic clapping - the ref loses his rag and reaches for a second yellow almost instantly..

Stupid red, but the ref does seem to be a bit of a cock tbh.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
tbf you can see on his face, when he continues the sarcastic clapping after the red, that he realises he's been an idiot.
I'm sure he'll learn from it.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I wonder if Potter was ever sent off for sarcastic clapping when he was that age.
Or for violently disagreeing with the ref's decision.

I could probably look this up, but prefer to imagine that he was.

I'd imagine he just sucked hard through his teeth and said he'd learn and go again next game...... Or whenever his suspension finished.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I'd imagine he just sucked hard through his teeth and said he'd learn and go again next game...... Or whenever his suspension finished.

I like to imagine he's so calm now because he got so :angry::angry::rant::rant::angry::angry: with a ref one day that he went full :guns: and had to spend several years on the run in a Tibetan monastery :angel:.

I think I'm letting my imagination run away with me.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is right, a crazy booking in the first place after being fouled...

I like his passion, nowt wrong with that in my book. I would take a few games banned for a player who has passion and commitment, but most importantly delivers on the pitch.

1-2 down at home with 15 minutes to go.
Off for being a tit.
Not delivering on the pitch in the next game, for being a tit.

Not sure I agree with your assessment, if by some bizarre set of circumstances we get to see it first hand, I'll be surprised if you will agree too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here