Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Maybe his mate Ally Mac told him that if his experience is anything to go by, he'll be on the bench while the coach starts Alireza Jahanbakhsh ahead of him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The numbers in those Fiorentina stories are very specific, so I fancy he is off to Italy.

It's not going to help us sign big players if all the talk in the UK is us selling, Bissouma, White, Lamptey, Gross and Welbeck deal not done.

Yes, it does feel exactly like the Darwin Nunez saga of last summer.
Yes. It has been a bad window so far with all the talk of 1 failed signing and lots of news that it seems half our squad are being bid for.

:nono:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The numbers in those Fiorentina stories are very specific, so I fancy he is off to Italy.

It's not going to help us sign big players if all the talk in the UK is us selling, Bissouma, White, Lamptey, Gross and Welbeck deal not done.

Yes, it does feel exactly like the Darwin Nunez saga of last summer.

They are, but this wouldve been going on a while with Gatuso as the manager and he's just walked out.... so unless all Fiorentina recruitment is done by the DOF with no input from a manager, its still a weird one.

What will the new manager want? does he rate him?

Who knows, but Gatuso suddenly walking out may well change all that went on and was negotiated before?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Have I missed something or been wooshed as I have just seen on BBC that we have singed him for club record £25M.
Someone else has SWOOPED him up before our eyes

Probably
Maybe
Without doubt
Who knows?
Definitely
No chance
He's signed
Gone to Norwich

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Have I missed something or been wooshed as I have just seen on BBC that we have singed him for club record £25M.

No you’ve see the gossip column based on yesterday’s report about a fee:

‘ Brighton have agreed a club record £25m fee with Stuttgart for Argentina forward Nicolas Gonzalez, 23, who scored six goals in 15 appearances during the 2020-21 Bundesliga campaign. (Guardian)’
L

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
They are, but this wouldve been going on a while with Gatuso as the manager and he's just walked out.... so unless all Fiorentina recruitment is done by the DOF with no input from a manager, its still a weird one.

Who knows, but Gatuso suddenly walking out may well change all that went on and was negotiated before?
The reports were that he rejected fiorentina, yet now he's close to signing. Maybe it was Gatuso making him not want to join them.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know a Fiorentina season ticket holder and he reckons that this is a shitehouse signing.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
All too predictable, most likely used (again) to drive up terms at his favoured club - a club where one of his idols (doubtless) in Batistuta was simply put: a living God. Florence is beautiful and the weather is awesome, with Tuscany on its doorstep - well, I’d sign for them to be brutally honest.

We’d be far better chasing old timers like Welbeck - they’re more our level, that or an obscure striker from somewhere like Tibet.

I’m afraid to report that we’re not able to compete with big clubs, nor should we be able to - that’s life.

Time to move on and out our faith in Maupay and Connolly.

Yep, that’s about the size of it.

Ooooh and Zeqiri too, actually he could come good.

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Gatuso Now being talked of as the next Spurs manager and also seen some talk that they have asked about Gonzalez if any of that is true then I cannot see we would have a look in

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Maybe his mate Ally Mac told him that if his experience is anything to go by, he'll be on the bench while the coach starts Alireza Jahanbakhsh ahead of him.

Yup, after all that happened once.

If producing a goal or assist every 557th minute as an attacking midfielder with someone else getting a chance is seen as a problem by Gonzalez, then maybe he is not the right guy anyway.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
No you’ve see the gossip column based on yesterday’s report about a fee:

‘ Brighton have agreed a club record £25m fee with Stuttgart for Argentina forward Nicolas Gonzalez, 23, who scored six goals in 15 appearances during the 2020-21 Bundesliga campaign. (Guardian)’
L

Ah, I see.
Wrong of the BBC to word it the way they did.
Its all Brighton on there what with White to Arsenal rejected at £40M and Tottenham interested in Lamptey, all of course on here first.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

This is the one point that does seem quite odd.

Manager going out because they wouldn’t sanction some transfers, yet they’re sanctioning £25m for Gonzalez as he’s walking out. You would think it’d br unsettling for a player to join a club with no manager. Let’s see what happens. But I guess it’s a faint hope. Ah well.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
We'll try to sign him again next summer. Long term target.
We'll all get excited and then he'll go somewhere else at the last minute again.
His private jet will probably divert and he'll end up on the bench at Villa. And then we'll all get the chance to BOOOO him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here