Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Nahhhh

Sky sports Germany has as top story .... Looks like done deal

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Sky lol

Maybe true, but needs verifying.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Can’t help thinking the ‘leak’ which was reported in the Guardian was done so by his agent to get Fiorentina to put up or shut up as was obviously his favored destination.

Win some … lose some.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
This outcome is good for two reasons: firstly, he's injury prone and an average finisher, great player but not what we need right now, not for £25 million anyway. Secondly, what it's done if nothing else is prove that we DO have money to spend on the right player and are willing to stump up the cash, despite people repeatedly insisting that we can't/won't

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can’t help thinking the ‘leak’ which was reported in the Guardian was done so by his agent to get Fiorentina to put up or shut up as was obviously his favored destination.

Win some … lose some.

Win some .... lose some .... save £25M.

Happy with the window so far. Jenks has got a potentially good loan, and all is well with the world (except that we still haven't finally rid ourselves of Jurgen Locadia and Billy Arce).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This outcome is good for two reasons: firstly, he's injury prone and an average finisher, great player but not what we need right now, not for £25 million anyway. Secondly, what it's done if nothing else is prove that we DO have money to spend on the right player and are willing to stump up the cash, despite people repeatedly insisting that we can't/won't

Not forgetting that he’s actually quite shit :lolol:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Come on, that account has 100 followers. A little due diligence please.

At the moment everyone is quoting the Argentine Damesh Seth.

Let's just wait and see rather than regurgitate twitter bollox again.

If [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION] didn't "regurgitate twitter bollox", he'd have 11 posts on NSC, not 9,011.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ah well looking likely we’ve missed out but you never know. Other targets will be constantly worked on.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yep that’s what I was trying to establish. All from one source and just repeated. Much like our report from guardian tbf. Doesn’t mean either are true or untrue.

Aye.... and until its done its still all just internet rumours. Andy Zeqiri had chosen and was off to Italy to join Parma until he wasnt and signed for us.

Could it be that the Fiorentina thing is also a well placed agent leak being used to push us into committing or eeking out some extra concession??

lets say we offered 50kpw and they 60kpw "if you match or better, he wants to come to Brighton" (cue leaks he's signing for Fiorentina).

With no manager at Fiorentina and no idea if the new manager will either like or want him even, I'd reserve judgement on this being definitive yet.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Aye.... and until its done its still all just internet rumours. Andy Zeqiri had chosen and was off to Italy to join Parma until he wasnt and signed for us.

Could it be that the Fiorentina thing is also a well placed agent leak being used to push us into committing or eeking out some extra concession??

lets say we offered 50kpw and they 60kpw "if you match or better, he wants to come to Brighton" (cue leaks he's signing for Fiorentina).

With no manager at Fiorentina and no idea if the new manager will either like or want him even, I'd reserve judgement on this being definitive yet.

Who’s the patsy here? I think we were the patsy that got Nunez to Benfica done, probably the same here.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
The stage has been set now, we'll end up missing out on this guy and then labour towards signing a striker from the Belgian/Dutch league, hope I'm wrong obviously but seen this before.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The numbers in those Fiorentina stories are very specific, so I fancy he is off to Italy.

It's not going to help us sign big players if all the talk in the UK is us selling, Bissouma, White, Lamptey, Gross and Welbeck deal not done.

Yes, it does feel exactly like the Darwin Nunez saga of last summer.

harriri2000

Apr 7, 2011
Looks like we've missed out on him and he's decided to go to Florentina instead [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
NEVER get excited about a touted quality signing for the Albion, you’ll only end up disappointed 90% of the time

Much the same as never get excited about England winning anything at football :smile:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Ah well looking likely we’ve missed out but you never know. Other targets will be constantly worked on.

Seems that quite a few people on here will be happy if we don’t sign him. Not me, I’d love him to sign. We are in real need of pace and goals from positions other than out and out strikers. Gonzalez fits that bill. To read some of the posts slagging him off is frankly sickening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here