Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yes. It has been a bad window so far with all the talk of 1 failed signing and lots of news that it seems half our squad are being bid for.

:nono:

Tbf this style of window was always coming with the quality we have in the squad, time to scour the Dutch leagues for that allusive 12 goal striker… with all that loose change we have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It wouldn’t be a transfer window without the prospect of a foreign striker signing, only for him to choose someone else at the last second. Watch now, as per Nunez, his transfer value skyrocket as he takes Serie A by storm! We’ll be signing Chris Holroyd instead.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It wouldn’t be a transfer window without the prospect of a foreign striker signing, only for him to choose someone else at the last second. Watch now, as per Nunez, his transfer value skyrocket as he takes Serie A by storm! We’ll be signing Chris Holroyd instead.

Youssef En-Nesyri was the one we really wanted a few years ago. He has to be worth £50m+ now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can any of us complain if we walk away from players who can get 78k a week in Euros or Sterling elsewhere? It’s annoying but we should be used to these transfer disappointments by now, they happen often enough.

I imagine that it’s the wages that kill these deals, not that the player wants to go somewhere else :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah yes, I’d forgotten about him!

It's an odd paradox for strikers:-

Being linked with the Albion = untold riches.
Signing for the Albion = cow's arses and banjos.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I guess the 2 Fiorentina players in the Argentina Copa America squad managed to convince him. Shame Mac Allister wasn't called up, he might have made the difference.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Don't believe the hype. All these rumours just seem to wind people up. Until the club announces a signing only then you can believe it.

On the plus side FC Cincinatti are not taking up their option on Locadia, so maybe he will be our plan B!

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

I've never understood this. He's done little in a noddy league and scored less than Maupay and one more than Dunk.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Don't believe the hype. All these rumours just seem to wind people up. Until the club announces a signing only then you can believe it.

On the plus side FC Cincinatti are not taking up their option on Locadia, so maybe he will be our plan B!

This. Never believe anything until you see your man holding up a shirt and grinning gormlessly at the camera

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here