Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Ah, I see.
Wrong of the BBC to word it the way they did.
Its all Brighton on there what with White to Arsenal rejected at £40M and Tottenham interested in Lamptey, all of course on here first.

To be fair to the BBC, they’ve not implied anywhere that we actually signed him. All they said was that we agreed a deal with his club, which in all likelihood is accurate.

Jul 7, 2003
Ah, I see.
Wrong of the BBC to word it the way they did.
Its all Brighton on there what with White to Arsenal rejected at £40M and Tottenham interested in Lamptey, all of course on here first.

It is in a part of the website called Gossip Column - there is a clue in the name there. BBC are just passing on gossip from other outlets (which is why there will always be a newspaper or website name next to each item) without saying there is any substance to the stories.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It's going to be a long summer and probably down to the last few days for us I would guess when either Biss or White have moved onto fresh pastures freeing up some money

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It's going to be a long summer and probably down to the last few days for us I would guess when either Biss or White have moved onto fresh pastures freeing up some money

If reports are to be believed we had a bid accepted so we have the money. He just turned us down in favour of Florentina.

However. Brian Owen is saying the deal is not done yet. So a glimmer of hope.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Let's hope it's fake news that he's off to Italy given we've spent 2 years working on the deal. If we don't get him, now every club in the land knows we have £25 million to spend on a striker.

Looking forward to seeing how Barbs and Naylor spin this one given the Athletic headline is currently "Brighton are increasingly confident of signing Nicholas Gonzalez".

A few hours later and it's looking like we've been played like a fiddle.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Let's hope it's fake news that he's off to Italy given we've spent 2 years working on the deal. If we don't get him, now every club in the land knows we have £25 million to spend on a striker.

Looking forward to seeing how Barbs and Naylor spin this one given the Athletic headline is currently "Brighton are increasingly confident of signing Nicholas Gonzalez".

A few hours later and it's looking like we've been played like a fiddle.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not for the first time…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
If news of Brighton interest, or an accepted bid hits the foreign press, I think it's fair to say that the deal will not happen. It's a leak from the agent to force other preferred teams to act and start a bidding war. We all know uncle Tony doesn't do that shit.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
is now looking more like a done deal and we've yet again been played :-(

Chief Sports writer of Bild.de

[tweet]1405634251094118407[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not to be it seems.

Part of plan b is hopefully Velasco - who may well be better in time but is 5 years younger. Not really one for next season though.

Let's move fast onto the next target. We don't want this striker search dragging on to the end of the window.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Not to be it seems.

Part of plan b is hopefully Velasco - who may well be better in time but is 5 years younger. Not really one for next season though.

Let's move fast onto the next target. We don't want this striker search dragging on to the end of the window.

Which window?

We'll play all next season with Maupay and Welbeck with support from Connolly and Zeqiri again.

I have zero faith in our recruitment of a decent striker.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He's had a few serious injuries which has limited his game time recently. We have a few similar gifted players in Welbeck and Lallana with similar issues, not sure if we need another with a £25M price with it as well.

Plenty of fish in the sea.

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
giphy.gif

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
So yesterday, he had turned down Fiorentina and was signing for Brighton, most comments on here were positive and it seemed he was just what we need.

Today he has turned down Brighton and is signing for Fiorentina, most comments are that he's not what we need, is injury prone and not good enough anyway.

I know, thems the rulez, but you gotta love NSC sometimes. Cant wait til he turns down Fiorentina tomorrow and is signing for Brighton afterall, if he doesn't, then he's definitely got spots and is too ugly for us :lolol:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So yesterday, he had turned down Fiorentina and was signing for Brighton, most comments on here were positive and it seemed he was just what we need.

Today he has turned down Brighton and is signing for Fiorentina, most comments are that he's not what we need, is injury prone and not good enough anyway.

I know, thems the rulez, but you gotta love NSC sometimes. Cant wait til he turns down Fiorentina tomorrow and is signing for Brighton afterall, if he doesn't, then he's definitely got spots and is too ugly for us :lolol:

We don’t want someone indecisive in front of goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here