NHS leg pain

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Good to hear from you Cornish, glad also you are having some progress no matter how slow it's still progress. Good also that you're remaining positive, if you think doc's titles are hard wait for some of the names of some of the meds :lolol:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Yeah matt i think they should keep that title as it is lol.
Ref 1-4 cancer cases missed. Well it sucks to be the 1-4 but hopefully they`ve caught it early ill find out more wednesday i hope lol.

Yeah uta1970 some of the meds im not going to even bother mentioning or spelling all i can read is morphine and i go with that lol. Anyone want some i can get it cheap lol
joke its all mine.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi guys just thought ill write to say that it feels like someones come into my bedroom kicked the f*** out of mu leg then just done one. Im waiting for meds to kick in now so i can escape to the land of nod again.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Right so today i had to pick up more meds ( Painkillers lots of them) from the chemist. Sent the Mrs with the usual £30 and she didnt have to pay because i am now a cancer patient. Thats a good thing that now its free but what about the other hundred odd quid ive spent since now lol.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Right so today i had to pick up more meds ( Painkillers lots of them) from the chemist. Sent the Mrs with the usual £30 and she didnt have to pay because i am now a cancer patient. Thats a good thing that now its free but what about the other hundred odd quid ive spent since now lol.

CS

No longer relevant, but some kindly soul at the hospital/pharmacy should have told you about pre payment certificates for scripts-c £28 per quarter for all scripts or something like £100 pa?

Sounds like it could have saved you a small fortune.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Yeah they told me about that last time but it was too late GITS. Another thing to write in my diary lol

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Cornish, as you will be a regular customer at your local chemist do they do a delivery service, many do for longer term illnesses? Also from experience (if you haven't already) get onto your local citizens advice bureaux and get some advice re benefits including carers allowance for your mrs, it takes ages but you will get it backdated :thumbsup:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Yeah ill have to sort that out after tomorro ill get on to them. Im morphined up again so ill try and keep awake to listen to the game.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I hope you heard the dedication that somebody sent in for you and, so far, the game's going well.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
I hope you heard the dedication that somebody sent in for you and, so far, the game's going well.

Yeah and that person knows how much that has given me a huge boost. Ive got a big day tommoro and that has gien me the boost i need.
All of your messages are keeping me positive it can be hard. You guys have been great!

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Morning legs playing up again. Todays the day i shall be having another blood count at the hospital. So depending on the outcome it maybe my last post/update for abit.
Hopefully todays the day we can book the biopsy. I just want you know tht when someone is in need of a bit of a boost you guys never ley me down.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Just to give you a positive, My grandfather had Lymphoma (spelling?) about 20 years ago, he was in a right state but 20 years later he has recently just celebrated his 91st birthday and is as fit as a fiddle, well as fit as you can be at that age.

Hope all goes well.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi lads i am home but but in alot of pain. Ive got some good news and some bad. I have my biopsy tomoz has to be done via key hole surgery at 7.30am lol. The bad news is that i had a full leg x-ray due to the agonising pain. When i got the results back i was told that everthing was clear . So they upped my dosage and sent me on my way in agony.
Then about 6.30pm a consultant called saying that my xray was not ok and that ive got a hole where the ball and socket joint in my left hip. Guess what cancer, so we now dont know whats the primary
or secondary.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I guess the hole showing in the xray means there is a tumour? Guess thats whats giving you the pain if its impeding your hip joint....One small mercy is that you haven't long to wait now for the biopsy. I hope as soon as the biopsy is done you'll know a bit more and will be on your way to a treatment plan soon.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
The biopsy is only for the lymphnoma side of things so still gotta wait for the leg sid of things on top of it all ive got chest infection aswell

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Ahh - I see, and a chest infection on top of all that? Christ talk about kick a man when he's down! Hope the morning goes well enough!

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Thanks buddy wont get results till min monday at the very least good old NHS Cant belive thet nearly missed somthing like this again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports