Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
The big c !

Yep, I had a few years of occasional incredible pain in my leg and hip, as a kid. Docs said I was avoiding school, x-rays showed nothing wrong, and they blamed family issues etc. All except the actual problem which was a softened hip joint which caused the nerve to often become pinched in the socket (and my leg stopped growing).

An observant Dr finally spotted it on my latest x-rays, so some months in hospital children's ward getting stretched, and a couple of years in a caliper had to sort it all out.

That was many years back, but even in days of modern medicine they don't always spot and diagnose the situation.

It is amazing all this modern medicine out that everything takes so long to diagnose. Its almost like they lose interest when they cant find out there and then what is wrong.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Stay strong mate! My father recently found out the reasong he had blood in his urine was a cancerous tumour on his bladder. Going through the whole process right now with him as well. I know how you feel.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Just be strong in insisting you get all the treatment you can AS EARLY as is possible. Good luck and stay strong.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think others are right in that you shouldn't be thinking of suing and compensation at this time. Instead of googling for lawyers, google the illness. Success rates for it appear to be very high so focus on that. Learn as much as you can about your illness and the various treatments so you can when necessary question doctors. Don't just sit there and say nothing and just assume it is all too complicated.

Check to see if there are any on line help forums for this. Check Mcmillian website and cancer research etc.

If your focus is on a law suit rather than getting better then you aren't doing your wife/partner and kid any favours.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shit, my thoughts are with you. All I can suggest is be strong and fight it head on. We'll all support you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think others are right in that you shouldn't be thinking of suing and compensation at this time. Instead of googling for lawyers, google the illness. Success rates for it appear to be very high so focus on that. Learn as much as you can about your illness and the various treatments so you can when necessary question doctors. Don't just sit there and say nothing and just assume it is all too complicated.

Check to see if there are any on line help forums for this. Check Mcmillian website and cancer research etc.

If your focus is on a law suit rather than getting better then you aren't doing your wife/partner and kid any favours.

McMillan are brilliant. Give them a call. They'll help you gen up on things. And I agree, lawyers are for later. Learn about your illness and work and question the doctors. It's a two way thing.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Good luck mate, but u have me a bit worried now as I have been experiencing pains in my left leg for a similar amount of time. Can u let me know some of your symptoms? It's always my left leg down the outside mostly in my hamstring but also in sometimes my calf or backside. Went to the docs last week and they can't say what's wrong. Have suggested it may be a nerve problem but as I have no back pain they can't be sure. It comes and goes and seems mostly after sitting at work or driving.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Bloody hell. Good luck and let us know how you get on. You must have a million horrible dreadful thoughts running through your head right now, including anger which is absolutely natural and understandable. You've certainly got me worried about various ailments I've been suffering. But then I feel guilty for feeling like that given your situation. I hope you find strength to think good things and be positive and that you will look back on it soon when you're through the other side and be stronger for completing one of lifes less pleasant hurdles.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Good luck mate, but u have me a bit worried now as I have been experiencing pains in my left leg for a similar amount of time. Can u let me know some of your symptoms? It's always my left leg down the outside mostly in my hamstring but also in sometimes my calf or backside. Went to the docs last week and they can't say what's wrong. Have suggested it may be a nerve problem but as I have no back pain they can't be sure. It comes and goes and seems mostly after sitting at work or driving.

Ill be honest scarface its hard to say weather they are linked so i dont want to worry you, My advice is to see a reumatologist. Ive never have the pain in my calf and my pain is much more widespread. Keep going with the doctors and dont give up stay on there backs all the time.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Thanks for all your comments like most of you have said concentrate on getting better then open up the can of whoop ass.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ill be honest scarface its hard to say weather they are linked so i dont want to worry you, My advice is to see a reumatologist. Ive never have the pain in my calf and my pain is much more widespread. Keep going with the doctors and dont give up stay on there backs all the time.

Just to try and add a little lightheartedness to what is a serious subject, there are plenty of rumouratologists on this site. Tend to pop up in abundance around the transfer windows!!!!

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Just to try and add a little lightheartedness to what is a serious subject, there are plenty of rumouratologists on this site. Tend to pop up in abundance around the transfer windows!!!!
HAHA i like that mate thats made me chuckle.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
just a quick word to say that cornish is my son when we found out we were devastated we live in sussex he in cornwall my wife and other son remain by his side. he is showing amazing amounts of courage something i dont have as i keep on blubbering every time time i look at him .i wish it was me instead.i just want to say andrew that we love you so much stay strong love you always mum dad and dan

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Feel for you doogie. I had a slightly similar situation when my lad was 13 and looked like we might lose him and there was absolutly nothing I could do yet, as his dad, it was my job to 'sort it'.

Fortunatly our story had a happy ending. I found that this hit me hard in the 1st few hours because it caame right out of the blue. After a while i was able to function again and help as other members of the family had their moments of despair.

Stick together and support eachother. it's not easy because people go through the full range of emotions, also not always being very nice to eachother, but that's often the helplessness talking. There's no blame in this and most of these situations do have a happy ending.

My lad is now 27 and drove me to MK yesterday. Despite all his troubles he's completed 3 marathons and is a top guy.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Stay strong and focused Cornish, wishing you well soon mate :thumbsup:

doogie004, as a parent I can understand your pain, but just look at the support your son has take strength from that, I think North Stand Chat is wonderful when there is a need for everyone to pull together, I am proud to be part of it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The most important thing is stay very positive as you are young therefore your body should definitely be able to cope with this and get over this.

And more importantly remember we are all thinking very positive thoughts as well for you.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Best wishes for you and your wife and daughter Cornish, keep positive and believe that you can beat it, you'll be at the Amex with Doogie in no time.
Good luck pal.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Feel for you Cornish, my mrs (26) was diagnosed with ms 5 years ago after 4 years of constant trips to her gp, she too was told nothing wrong and it was all in her head. She is now undergoing a 3 year course of 12 weekly chemo, fortunately we have a 7 year old son - what I'm trying to get to is that you are going to need all of your energy reserves and more for the coming months and that the "why me" is perfectly normal and part of the shit you're going through right now, but what's really important is how you use the emotions generated by it. As a family we try to always find some kind of positive at each stage of my mrs illness, and try to focus on that positive rather than wasting her energy dwelling on the negatives, also remember that nothing and nobody can take your sense of humour away. I really do wish you well, try and think positive :thumbsup:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
The BIG C

Hi guys thanks for your support. I have spoken to the haematologist today and i have to go in wednesday for more blood tests. probaly more poking and prodding i expect.
The trouble is its taking so long! The reason i have been told is because they need to know where to start as in do they cut me open? or do they stick a needle in. Do they go through my back or front or side.
Im keeping positve though and i have got a good outlook on things.
P.S sorry about my puncuation but being on morphine 4times a day can take its toll lol. Also why do they make bloody doctors titles so hard to pronouce or spell lol
HEAMATOLOGIST = BLOOD DOCTOR lol why cant they leave it as that lol

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here