Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

i think thats the option i might seek. The way ive been treated through the whole process has been shocking, at some points even a animal wouldnt be yreated this way.

You need to be positive,don't let the failures of others affect your mental and physical state now,you live in lovely part of the world,support the best team in the land,have been blessed with a little un and you just got a couple of hundred new chums! Plus you are gonna beat it!:D

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Hope it goes well for you fella. Keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Just goes to show that being a man and ignoring it isn't always the best. I've not been to the doctor in years but have had various things wrong with me, time to start getting checked up I think.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Just goes to show that being a man and ignoring it isn't always the best. I've not been to the doctor in years but have had various things wrong with me, time to start getting checked up I think.

Definitely.

Hope it all goes well mate. A couple of people I know have recently had surgery. They're doing really well now. See you at Falmer.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Cheers guys and yes i will keep you all informed on whats happening. I hope we smash the dons today to give me a better weekend.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
You need to be positive,don't let the failures of others affect your mental and physical state now,you live in lovely part of the world,support the best team in the land,have been blessed with a little un and you just got a couple of hundred new chums! Plus you are gonna beat it!:D
I can still be positive about the outcome but the anger and bitterness i have towars some of the GPs
that have seen me is unbeliveable. After seeing one GP he told me that i was more thes making it up and it was all a figure of my imagination. As u could tell that didnt go down to well considering i slept prob 4 hrs in 3days before lol. About the rest your right up the albion!!

Thank you guys ill keep you informed as soon as i have my biopsy. I feel like im in a bubble at the moment nothing seems to make sense.

Focus on more positive thoughts, and that you will get better - and not accede to other fears.
Meditation might help.
Stress will only activate bad chemicals in your body and may inhibit the recovery you want to achieve, look at the stats for survivors and see if you can find some stories of them and how they dealt with it.

Just some suggestions, and good luck - I hope you soon get better.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Hope you get well very soon, Cornish Seagull.

I can't begin to imagine what you're going through at the moment mate. Be strong for your little girl. NSC will give you a lot of comfort and support anytime you need it. Best wishes for a quick recovery fella.

I can still be positive about the outcome but the anger and bitterness i have towars some of the GPs
that have seen me is unbeliveable. After seeing one GP he told me that i was more thes making it up and it was all a figure of my imagination. As u could tell that didnt go down to well considering i slept prob 4 hrs in 3days before lol. About the rest your right up the albion!!

Yep, I had a few years of occasional incredible pain in my leg and hip, as a kid. Docs said I was avoiding school, x-rays showed nothing wrong, and they blamed family issues etc. All except the actual problem which was a softened hip joint which caused the nerve to often become pinched in the socket (and my leg stopped growing).

An observant Dr finally spotted it on my latest x-rays, so some months in hospital children's ward getting stretched, and a couple of years in a caliper had to sort it all out.

That was many years back, but even in days of modern medicine they don't always spot and diagnose the situation.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You've every right to be angry and bitter - but perhaps that's a battle for another day. Right now you need to focus on getting well for the sake of your little 'un if nothing else. You're in the system now and it might even work to your advantage; if they know you've been treated badly then they might be more inclined to pull out a few more stops to compensate.

AS NMH says think positive thoughts. All the best.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Try to keep your spirits up, we need all the fans we can get, got to fill Falmer so don't you dare go anywhere ! Do keep us posted please.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You've every right to be angry and bitter - but perhaps that's a battle for another day. Right now you need to focus on getting well for the sake of your little 'un if nothing else. You're in the system now and it might even work to your advantage; if they know you've been treated badly then they might be more inclined to pull out a few more stops to compensate.

AS NMH says think positive thoughts. All the best.

if they know they are facing a malpractice issue they will definitely try a bit harder, got to remain positive though mate...minimal alcohol and no ciggies, hi anti-oxidant diet , loads of fresh veggies.....you have youth on your side:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Good luck Cornish Seagull and hope the treatment goes well.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
try and keep away from t'internet medical sites; as a parent with child undergoing lymph cancer treatment last year, my experience was that the doctors and nurses that will be looking after you will be first class and better than your pre diagnosis lot. If you have chemo, keep a diary of how you feel as a pattern will emerge; we went to Charlton away during the second week of a 28 day treatment cycle and 3 weeks later when he was feeling shit, he said something along the lines that next Saturday is 4 weeks after Charlton, I'll be feeling better then.
Lymph cancer has high clear up rates so stay positive

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Been through some horrible medical stuff myself over the last year and about to go into hospital for my 3rd major operation in just over a year so I have some real empathy for you. My advice for what it is worth is not to dwell on the "why me?" question because there is no answer to that. Focus your energies on recovery and seek out a support group on the web - would be very surprised if there wasn't one for your specific condition. I would not have got through the last year without the support and advice of my online fellow sufferers. Good luck with your treatment and let us know how it goes.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
try and keep away from t'internet medical sites; as a parent with child undergoing lymph cancer treatment last year, my experience was that the doctors and nurses that will be looking after you will be first class and better than your pre diagnosis lot. If you have chemo, keep a diary of how you feel as a pattern will emerge; we went to Charlton away during the second week of a 28 day treatment cycle and 3 weeks later when he was feeling shit, he said something along the lines that next Saturday is 4 weeks after Charlton, I'll be feeling better then.
Lymph cancer has high clear up rates so stay positive
Thank you for the advice robbie c. How is he now hope he is doing well. I will definantly be keeping a diary on things.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
ur a fighter andrew we all thinking of u everyone sends there love .ur keeping positive which is is good.there will be tough times ahead but uve got a gr8 family behind u .lots of love uncle michael.up the seagulls!!!!!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Just echoing what everyone else is saying. I'm glad that when people are going through something like this and don't want to burden family and friends, there's often a lot of support to be found here. I'm sure people who've been through similar will be happy to send and receive pms too.

Try and stay positive. I'm not saying that you don't have a case against the NHS, but a lot of your anger is probably coming from the UTTER UNFAIRNESS of the whole situation: "Why me? Why now? I'm only 24. I've got a little girl." It's easy to look for someone to blame. Keep notes/a diary, but maybe direct your energies towards getting the best possible treatment and getting well from here on. That's the most important thing in the world.

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Please do try and focus on positive things only Cornish, you've got a lot of good things to battle for. When you've won the battle, that's the time to take stock. Fight for your little girl and forget the rest.

All the very best mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here