[Politics] Next Conservative Leader - Rishi Sunak

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should be the next leader of the conservative party?

• Boris

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • Therese Coffey

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Rishi Sunak

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Penny Mourdant

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Ben Wallace

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Mick Gove

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Chris Grayling

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Matt Hancock

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Sir Graham Brady

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Dom Raab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadine Dorries

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Pretty Patel

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Here's a reminder of just one of the towering priority challenges facing the new prime minister.

'Prices for food and non-alcoholic beverages in the UK rose by 14.5 percent annually in September of 2022, the highest on record and picking up from 13.1 percent in the prior month. It was one of the drivers of the increase in the overall CPI during the month, with notable price growth in oils and fats (28.1 percent vs 26.3 percent in August), milk, cheese, and eggs (24.3 percent vs 22.1 percent), and bread and cereals (14.5 percent vs 11.8 percent)'

(Note not just the headline rates, but the rates of change).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Here's a reminder of just one of the towering priority challenges facing the new prime minister.

'Prices for food and non-alcoholic beverages in the UK rose by 14.5 percent annually in September of 2022, the highest on record and picking up from 13.1 percent in the prior month. It was one of the drivers of the increase in the overall CPI during the month, with notable price growth in oils and fats (28.1 percent vs 26.3 percent in August), milk, cheese, and eggs (24.3 percent vs 22.1 percent), and bread and cereals (14.5 percent vs 11.8 percent)'

(Note not just the headline rates, but the rates of change).
If only Rishi could identify what the main drivers behind the increase in food prices were and address those, it would give him a great start economically :angel:

I've just heard the news headlines describing how he has inherited 'an economic nightmare'. I bet he'll be really angry at whoever created that over the last 3 years and left it for him to inherit ... Oh :lolol:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
#teamSunak here.

Boris again would have resulted in civil unrest and rightly so, Mourdand would have been a continuation of the disaster of the last hew years.

Convinced Tory racism stopped him beating Truss the last time around :shrug:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If only Rishi could identify what the main drivers behind the increase in food prices were and address those, it would give him a great start economically :angel:
In his first week then:
1. stop the war in Ukraine
2. Force OPEC to reverse their decision to cut oil production (just as sanctions against Russia were reducing supplies!)
3. Claim back the money from businesses and individuals that benefitted from the furlough schemes

😉

Reactions: cjd

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
#teamSunak here.

Boris again would have resulted in civil unrest and rightly so, Mourdand would have been a continuation of the disaster of the last hew years.

Convinced Tory racism stopped him beating Truss the last time around :shrug:

I'm stunned :wink:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In his first week then:
2. Force OPEC to reverse their decision to cut oil production (just as sanctions against Russia were reducing supplies!)
3. Claim back the money from businesses and individuals that benefitted from the furlough schemes

😉
If it wasn’t for Furlough my company would have folded. I am grateful, shoot me. People who have worked with me for 16 to 40 years would have lost their jobs.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In his first week then:

😉
Maybe something a little simpler, closer to home and would have far more impact than the furlough scheme (or the whole cost of Covid, according to the OBR) . Maybe we should have a thread for ideas, if it hasn't already been created :wink:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe something a little simpler, closer to home and would have far more impact than the furlough scheme (or the whole cost of Covid, according to the LSE) . Maybe we should have a thread for ideas, if it hasn't already been created :wink:
We all know you worship at the Church of Starmer, you’ll have to wait to invite us in :smile:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Wonder if Dom Cummings will get a recall?
There was always a lot of rumours that he was more for Rishi than Boris in the end.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If it wasn’t for Furlough my company would have folded. I am grateful, shoot me.
Exactly (notice the wink emoj) - I wasn’t suggesting it was a policy error just one of the reasons why we have so much extra debt.

Unfortunately the reason for food price increases and general cost of living were global and largely beyond our control.
No excuse to send the Pound tumbling with a half a*sed, poorly conceived ‘mini-budget‘ though. That silly c*w should never have been given the reigns in the first place.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe something a little simpler, closer to home and would have far more impact than the furlough scheme (or the whole cost of Covid, according to the LSE) . Maybe we should have a thread for ideas, if it hasn't already been created :wink:
Point of interest are you employed or an employer? Maybe retired or rich?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports