Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next Conservative Leader - Rishi Sunak

Who should be the next leader of the conservative party?

• Boris

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • Therese Coffey

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Rishi Sunak

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Penny Mourdant

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Ben Wallace

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Mick Gove

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Chris Grayling

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Matt Hancock

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Sir Graham Brady

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Dom Raab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadine Dorries

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Pretty Patel

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Francois saying the ERG are not endorsing either candidate but will fully support whoever becomes PM. Dunno how many there are in their little club, but looks more likely now that Rishi will be appointed unopposed.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I said that Boris Johnson would be back as prime minister.

I was wrong.

If anyone wants to keep reminding me I was wrong please do so.

I need to know I am wrong, and that I will continue to be wrong. Just so that I don't worry about it happening.
he'll be back....................... to lose in 2029! big dog's ego won't let go!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Francois saying the ERG are not endorsing either candidate but will fully support whoever becomes PM. Dunno how many there are in their little club, but looks more likely now that Rishi will be appointed unopposed.
I saw a clip of Baker on Sky News last week pretty much saying that whoever took over was going to have to pursue the ridiculous policy of attempting to break international law over Northern Ireland, or expect these mad fantastists to bring down their government. They are willing to trade everything this country has for their utterly unacheivable version of Brexit.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I saw a clip of Baker on Sky News last week pretty much saying that whoever took over was going to have to pursue the ridiculous policy of attempting to break international law over Northern Ireland, or expect these mad fantastists to bring down their government. They are willing to trade everything this country has for their utterly unacheivable version of Brexit.
Yes, they are loons but, part of a party with a majority of about 75...none of them are daft enough to actually bring about a GE. Rishi will do a better job than Truss or Johnson but he won't bring about radical change for the better. So, we are looking at two years of waiting for Labour and two years of hoping something turns up for the Government.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, they are loons but, part of a party with a majority of about 75...none of them are daft enough to actually bring about a GE. Rishi will do a better job than Truss or Johnson but he won't bring about radical change for the better. So, we are looking at two years of waiting for Labour and two years of hoping something turns up for the Government.
Good summary.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Probably the best outcome for Boris. Rishi loses the next election proving that the Tories need someone special to lead, Up steps Boris. Always easier to govern when at a low as it was when he took over the first time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Probably the best outcome for Boris. Rishi loses the next election proving that the Tories need someone special to lead, Up steps Boris. Always easier to govern when at a low as it was when he took over the first time.
You do realise that Boris is well on course to lose his seat by a considerable amount in the next election? Unless he moves constituency, he’ll not actually be a sitting MP which will make leading the party extremely difficult. I’m sure that his current constituency members are well aware of his perma-holiday and the fact he does absolutely ****-all for them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fascinating press statement/conference from the ERG

"We are not endorsing either candidate"

Great. Thanks for that. Back to the studio
Makes a change from MPs sycophantically kissing one or other candidate's arse (and then switching sides, in some cases), I guess.

Still a pointless statement. The fact that a party has such as strong sub-group as the ERG means that all this talk about 'unity' in the party is complete nonsense. And the comments from 'Boris' yesterday didn't exactly help!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You do realise that Boris is well on course to lose his seat by a considerable amount in the next election? Unless he moves constituency, he’ll not actually be a sitting MP which will make leading the party extremely difficult. I’m sure that his current constituency members are well aware of his perma-holiday and the fact he does absolutely ****-all for them.
she can not be as bad as truss :nono:
I’ll give you that but bumble**** still appointed her to his cabinet ( granted he sacked her first time round) and wouldn’t have done that If she had an ounce of ability. Not convinced at all.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If the Privileges Committee finds against him, he will be suspended for 10 days and Uxbridge can recall him for a by election.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yeah difficult right now when things are going so well

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s Rishi as the Penny drops!

I imagine she’ll claim she had ninety something backers but we’ll never know because she has just used the withdrawal method.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here