Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next Conservative Leader - Rishi Sunak

Who should be the next leader of the conservative party?

• Boris

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • Therese Coffey

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Rishi Sunak

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Penny Mourdant

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Ben Wallace

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Mick Gove

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Chris Grayling

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Matt Hancock

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Sir Graham Brady

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Dom Raab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadine Dorries

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Pretty Patel

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I feel that if Johnson The Liar had got his 100 nominations he would have declared by now. I reckon he's desperately ringing round bribing MPs with this and that right now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I feel that if Johnson The Liar had got his 100 nominations he would have declared by now. I reckon he's desperately ringing round bribing MPs with this and that right now.
Apparently, Penny Mordaunt has been offered a top job (chancellor you would assume) by Boris to stand down and pull her support behind him. I believe that she has politely declined for now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't think Johnson has the numbers. He charmed some of his looney supporters in to nominating him but I think he is not quite at 100, that would be why he has pressured Mordaunt in to standing aside. Johnson's narcissism means he can't enter a popularity vote that he might lose as that would be devastating for his ego.

He had talks with Sunak yesterday and nothing was resolved about an agreement hence todays attempt on Mordaunt.

He is a busted flush, he's not got the support, good riddance.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Quite enjoyed watching people point out to Nadhim Zahawi, who has today backed Johnson, that he implored him to quit just a few months ago:

hypocrisy.png

Absolutely spineless. Just another self-serving piece of shit.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Quite enjoyed watching people point out to Nadhim Zahawi, who has today backed Johnson, that he implored him to quit just a few months ago:

View attachment 153059

Absolutely spineless. Just another self-serving piece of shit.
Knows he'd never get a job under Sunak, knows he'll never get the top job after bare faced opportunism last time back fired.

So happy to prostitute himself for some potential crumbs off Bojos table.

The definition of a grubby shameless politician.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Knows he'd never get a job under Sunak, knows he'll never get the top job after bare faced opportunism last time back fired.

So happy to prostitute himself for some potential crumbs off Bojos table.

The definition of a grubby shameless politician.
I believe he is currently being investigated by HMRC regarding some of his business ventures, additionally he claimed expenses for heating his stables, which he claimed was an oversight on his part.... yet he got trusted with the job of Chancellor of the Exchequer ?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
If - and it’s a big if - the LIAR doesn’t achieve the 100 backers by tomorrow, will he get his supporters to invade the 1922 committee crying foul and fix. Jacob Rees Mogg in a Davy Crockett hat and Mad Nad tooled up leading the fray.
Johnson seems to have learned a lot of Trumpian ways over these last couple of years.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Various people have been claiming that since yesterday morning. It’s possibly a desperate attempt to get more MPs to support him if they think he’s going to win and can get in the next boss’s good books. The public declarations of support are nowhere near 100.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Various people have been claiming that since yesterday morning. It’s possibly a desperate attempt to get more MPs to support him if they think he’s going to win and can get in the next boss’s good books. The public declarations of support are nowhere near 100.

.. and he hasn't even declared he is running.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
He has 58 publicly declared supporters. You can vote and remain anonymous for who you voted for.

Will the silent majority carry BJ over 100?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Oh Wodger, you are one of those easily led types constantly looking for approval in the NSC echo chamber. We all have anonymous pseudonyms wodge and poking fun at the sanctimonious know it alls on social media is hardly punching down.

Less arse licking, wipe the excrement from your face and develop some coherent independent arguments.
it strikes me as odd, having multiple accounts, all that unecessary faff, for what benefit?

are you really that ashamed/embarassed about what you post?

but the conducting of a conversation amongst yourself is a matter of some genuine concern

simplifying your decision making process is a step on the path to enlightenment

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He has 58 publicly declared supporters. You can vote and remain anonymous for who you voted for.

Will the silent majority carry BJ over 100?
He's got 76. 24 short. That fanatics site KG mentioned, guido fawkes has a live spreadsheet of public confirmations plus those who have confirmed but can't publically reveal their nominations (guess that's like 1922 committee etc) just under 100 still undeclared.

Ridiculous situation now where he won't declare candidacy without confirmed numbers as a narcissist, but others won't back him unless he does. It's another Johnson smoke & mirrors shitshow.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
.. and he hasn't even declared he is running.
He won't declare he is running unless he has the numbers to stand a good chance of winning. All the time he's quiet he's short..and getting shorter as others go public for Sunak.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So Boris drops out…welcome to the multimillionaire prime minister

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here