Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newport County Boss 'Blasts' Oscar Garcia

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Sounds to me someone tried to get the Albion job and was rejected .... Sour grapes simple as.

Little shit shows no professionalism

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Where Edinburgh has a point is not in his misplaced sense of entitlement, but specifically that managers that cut their teeth at non-league level are often confronted with a glass ceiling in terms of being offered jobs in the lower divisions. There are quite a few managers with a good track record in non-league that have worked well on a restricted budget and whose work would suggest they have skills that would transfer well to working at a club on limited resources in League Two and perhaps could do a better job than some of the usual faces who seem to go from one club to another without having particularly been a roaring success anywhere.

If you do a good job in the lower divisions that then sets yourself with a chance at a higher level and Edinburgh's work at Newport may eventually see him get a chance in a higher division if they carry on the momentum, but the problem for non-league managers is that the opportunity to get a job in the Football League are offered all too rarely. I'd say that has very little to do with Oscar Garcia being appointed, and a lot to do with chairmen being risk averse and not having any knowledge of managers outside of the Football League.

D

Deleted member 22389

Glad he has created a little bit of needle before the match. Always like to support the underdog, however I hope we stuff Newport County

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Dandyman

In London village.
What an odd article. I bet he didn't actually say that. The rest seems fair enough, so would be an extraordinary way to start an interview.

This.

Dandyman

In London village.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Any Spuds fans will tell you what Justin Edinburgh brought to defending, Bobby Mimms brought to goalkeeping.

A good bit of PR to shift a few more tickets for Tuesday.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Thing is, hoofball as practised by most English managers is only successful up to a point (about league 1) which is why with the odd exception they aren't top of the list for clubs trying to play the way we do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here